Options

Jazz 9 vs Jazz 8

I've just replaced my favourite Jazz 8's with the newer model Jazz 9, and find my forefeet getting painful after just two or three miles. Happens with walking as well as running.

Have had this problem with other shoes when the front part of the sole has been too inflexible, but never ('til now) with the Jazz. Have they made the sole stiffer? Anyone other Jazz-wearers noticed a difference? Anything I can do to make the forefeet more bendy (other than run lots of miles with sore feet)?

Comments

• Options
    That will be because the jazz 9 doesn't have forefoot cushioning. the HRC was not put into the shoes. Saucony have just brought out the Jazz S that has forefoot cushioning. you should take back your shoes and get the new Jazz S
  • Options
    Before I start ranting at sportshoesunlimited who sold me my shoes bigboy, I'd better make sure I'm in full command of the facts...I just checked the Saucony website and they say that the jazz 9 does have HRC, but you have obviously got other info - how do I substantiate my whinge to the supplier? Any info on your sources gratefully received (or are you a mole inside the factory?)
  • Options
    if you look at the Jazz 9 it doesn't have the HRC logo in the front of the shoe.

The one on the Saucony website shows the HRC logo on the forefoot of the shoe.

http://www.saucony.co.uk/shoepages/jazz9.htm

check your shoe it probably isn't there.

Apparantly it was a mistake in the chinese factory.
  • Options
    mine does have the HRC logo on the front
    So maybe my problem is something else? This shoe doesn't seem to be as flexible in the forefoot as the 8's but it's hard to compare as they are well-used and the 9's are brand new
  • Options
    Sluggie,

BigBoy is quite correct. The Jazz 9 does NOT have forefoot cushioning. It was indeed a c0ck up in China that caused it. Take the shoes back to the shop and get a replacement. If the shop won't take them back, contact Saucony and they will sort it for you.

Sean
  • Options
    As a dedicated saucony wearer, and a forefoot striker, I was advised not to replace my Jazz 8 with a jazz 9 , by a helpful saucony rep, for the reasons given above.
    For what it's worth, I;ve been most impressed byt the Grid Triumph, although I realise they do cost more
  • Options
    Bugger! I purchased a pair of Jazz 9 a month ago based on the reviews of previous versions and the fact it was a good cushioning shoe. I haven't worn them yet, but was planning to this week to replace my Nike Air Pegasus. However, having read this thread I don't believe I should as I put heavy impact on heal and forefoot. Spoke to the shop i purchased it from, and their exchange policy is 2 weeks, plus i no longer have the receipt. Is there anything I can do to get them exchanged ? Or am I buggered.
  • Options
    Just spoke to sportshoes unlimited who weren't particularly helpful, but said I should send the shoes back and they would take it up with Saucony.

Meanwhile I have found that Snowlines in Edinburgh still have supplies of Jazz 8 at £34.99 and have ordered three pairs!

KanMan - since you could argue that you have been misled into buying a shoes that doesn't meet the spec in its advertising, would it be worth either insisting that your shop take it up with Saucony, or contact Saucony itself?
  • Options
    I would suggest contacting Saucony if your retailer is being unhelpful. I have every confidence that they will help you out under the circumstances.
  • Options
    Glad I've just found this thread. After a conversation with a fellow runner mentioning a Saucony Jazz 9 recall I wanted confirmation..

I bought some Jazz 9s to replace Jazz 8s early last year but was then out with injury for most of last year. I returned to training proper in December wearing in my Jazz 9s but noticed my metatarsals on both feet ached a lot after a few miles.

After a 20M LSR in Feb I could barely walk and I gave up on the shoes, putting it down to bad fit. I will now be contacting Saucony!!
  • Options
    I wish I had read this before I bought my Jazz 9s in May/June last year. They were causing problems after about one week - even though I don't have high mileage, I like a cushioned shoe, but these were as stiff as a board - no flexibility at all. After a week, I started getting pains around the Achilles tendon area in one foot, then the other. In addition to the achilles pains, I also started experiencing lower back pain as well, which made me go back to my old Asics 2030s.