Options

Clough dies

13»

Comments

• Options
    we're out. on penalties. again.
  • Options
    when do we ever win on penalties???

Oh well, at least some young ones got a good run out and Brown has proved that he can score!

At least this cup is out of the way and we're not going to have to worry about the injuries it may have produced from subsequent games...

*tries to look on the bright side of things!*
  • Options
    Oh well, we're going to have to settle for the FA Cup and winning the Championship then :-)

I'm off now - bye!

And I'm sure Brian wouldn't have minded us hijacking his thread!
  • Options
    Of course not :o)

Bye now, thanks for the updates!
  • Options
    Cloughie

His best ever quote..........
    >
    > > It's a cup tie, 10 minutes to go, Forest are down 1 - 0 and they've
    > > used all their subs.
    > > For once in his life Stuart "Psycho" Pearce comes off second best in a
    >
    > > tackle.
    > > The physio shouts out to Cloughie ... 'He cant go back on, he's taken
    > > a knock to the head, he doesn't know who he is............'
    > >

> > Cloughie replies....'Tell him he's f###ing Pele and put him up front.

Class

Doylie
  • Options
    lol I like that Doyle, very good! ¦oD
  • Options
    My brother used to play for AC Hunters - a local Derby parks Saturday team (adults) which Nigel Clough used to play up front for right up until the time he was breaking into the Notts Forest 1st 11, they were managed by Simon Clough who is the oldest of Brian's 3 kids. I can remember a few occasions when Brian Clough would turn up on the touchline and start shouting at the players as if he were the manager - very funny to see the opposition faces when Brian Clough turns up to manage a parks team - this would be early/mid 80s I think.

Another time one of my younger brothers gave Brian a lift home - he was hitching along the A6 very much the worse for wear. It was very sad that his drinking got the better of him later in life - I know a guy whose brother was his paperboy and CLoughy would regularly slip him a tenner to nip to the shop for a bottle of something. It is a shame he didn't really have the health to enjoy his retirement as much as everyone deserves to.