Options

Sunday Session

Long Slow Distance,

What: 18 miles out along the cliff tops towards Dover starting at 7:30am.
Why: Winter miles.
Last Hard: Thurs
Last Rest: Fri

Then off to Canterbury to hand out race entry forms & watch XC race.

Comments

• Options
    LSD for me too. 13 miles odd to gradually build up mileage before FLM2003.
  • Options
    Hallo everyone
    New to this - hope to do 20k race next year

Should have been: 10k hard
    Actually: 5k very soft
    Why: feeling flat, coldy, breathless
    Last hard: Tues
    Last rest: Fri

I'm worried that I seem to be going backwards in training at the moment - doesn't help that the Missus says my top half is swelling and my legs are getting skinnier. She thinks I'm turning into a large naked thrush!
    V-rap is this possible??
  • Options
    Hello and welcome to Pit-Pony.

What: 12 miles slow.
    Why: It's Sunday and there's no race for me today.

Last hard: Friday
    Last rest: Thursday

Good luck to any racers today.
  • Options
    Morning all.
    Nice & bright here but that nasty damp southeasterly is still there, making it feel unpleasantly cold.

LSD needed, but not fully recovered from yesterday. Will drive up to Caldy CC (in order to do my mileage offroad) & see how far I can get at a gentle pace....
  • Options
    Hello Pit-Pony :)

I'm just off for a slow run of about 2 hours. That'll probably be about 12 miles, or maybe a little more. I'm planning to try to find some firm paths through the pinewoods (not that keen on runningn on soft sand) and then eventually back along the beach. Hopefully there'll be no fierce dogs around...
  • Options
    what : nothing, although will get a light swim & sauna in later.
    why : her indoors says so
    last hard : yesterday
    last rest : today, unless like me you don't consider Christmas shopping resting.

was thinking about Clowne 1/2M today but pressures of a domestic home life have scuppered that one. Never mind, it was an impromptu thought midweek and wasn't really part of my FLM buildup.

First 1/2 will be 4 villages which i've already entered so there'll be no interuptions to that one.

Right, where can i hide the credit cards...
  • Options
    What: 13 miles (middle 8 @ goal marathon pace)
    Why: Ask Frank Horwill
    Last hard run: Today
    Last rest day: Friday

Well, a bit of a disaster really. Was planning on doing a 15 miler with the midlle 13 @ MP but totally blew up after 8 miles and then crawled home. A quick glance at the training log reveals the likely cause i.e. tried to train through this week without taking any recovery after last Sundays 1/2M race, not the most sensible thing I've ever done in my time :-(
  • Options
    What: I'll aim for 10 today
    Why: I wasn't sure what to do. But Sunday's a long run day. Another week before I launch into the next Marathon schedule, so kind of playing it by ear.
    Last hard: yesterday I did 3.5 hours Body Balance, and an hour's walking - not hard, but time consuming
    Last easy: Friday - rest day
    Now, can I fit in shopping, work and tidy the house as well!
    BTW thanks Hilly, Laura, Cath for wishing me get wells yesterday. Loads of sleep - I even missed Parky - and feeling much better
  • Options
    Hello pit pony.
    paul - see you in Helsby.
    18 miles - take my hat off to you Big Tim.
    MM - it's easy to underestimate recovery time isn't it?

Gorgeous sunny day here.
    What: 6.5 miles easy.
    Why: need easy day in between last 2 days and club session tomorrow. Felt incredibly relaxed, running is feeling really good at the moment.
    Last hard: Fri
    Last rest: Thurs
  • Options
    Back from my run - actually did more like 15 than 13 - a slight error of calculation on my part!

Felt good on it, apart from the last couple of miles which were tough. Then again, not that tough, so overall very pleased with myself :o)
  • Options
    What - nowt
    Why - Fell downstairs in the week, landing on straight leg, jarring my knee. And at end of a 10miler on Friday, the same knee started hurting. This is the same knee that caused me to take six months off running last winter. So I'm resting it this weekend as I've just completed 8 weeks of uninterrupted and fantastic training and don't want all that hard work to go to waste.

Last hard - er, yesterday, and today. Working on a community project and playing with power tools and large pieces of wood. Just came home to get a chuck key and got sidetracked ....

Hope everyone's training went well today.
  • Options
    Hi to all.

What:20km run (12 miles) steady pace at 1hr 35, two monster hills included.

Why:last time on the 12 milers, now move up to 15 the next couple of sundays.

Last Hard:Yesterday
    Last Rest:Wednesday

See ya all 2moz!!!
  • Options
    Hi all - some heavy duty training going on today, well done everybody.

MM - you've got Horwillitis real bad, haven't you? maybe there's some medication you could take. actually sounds like a pretty useful work-out anyway even if it wasn't what you'd aimed for.

What: 18 miles with some nasty hills
    Why: get the old mileage back up
    Last Hard Day: yesterday's fartlek
    Last Rest: last Saturday

Total for week: 58 miles

now how am I going to fit in another 42 miles p/week?
  • Options
    what: 11 miles easy
    weather: Thunder, lightning, rain, hail
    why: Don't think I can answer that
  • Options
    I'm back too. And pleased to say I managed 15 miles. I started to think about the weekends from now to Christmas and realised I should grab opportunities for long uns when I can! So I did, and it felt fab. Nice steady run, lots of stopping, but around the 8'30 min mile mark! Rainbows and Autumn sunshine and lots of LSD moments of 'it's great to be alive' etc.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hi all-glad to see most are running well and enjoying the 'feel good' factor!

What: 15 miles that was supposed to be at marathon pace 8 min miles, but felt so easy running at 7.42 min miles! Boy I just feel so good at the moment. Got caught in a horrid rain/hail storm and had 2 nasty hills, but still felt so relaxed.
    Why: Long run day.
    Last rest: yesterday I only swam.
    Last hard: Thursday.
  • Options
    Laura L,
    no kidding, I still feel like cr*p.

Achilles,
    laughing hard at this end, "Horwillitis" is an instant classic.

Lesson learnt from this week:
    Don't make the next 3 sessions after a tough 1/2M race all speed/tempo sessions regardless of what bloody Frank Horwill says. Should have done a long slow one instead, well we live (just about) and learn.

Are you seriously planning on 100 mpw?????????!!!!!!!?!?!?!?

• Options
    Snicks and Hilly - great stuff, good running, guys. wind, rain, thunder - real runners just thrive on it!

MM - actually I'm with you all the way, cos I think you have to push the limits all the time, just to see where they are, and if that means falling flat on your face (which you didn't anyway!) then so be it. though if I were you I'd have been so chuffed with that 1/2M performance, I might have backed off just a little this week!

as for the 100mile week, I'm going to give it a damn good try - though at the moment I can't for the life of me work out the sums whereby this is actually possible. three-a-days, maybe?
  • Options
    Achilles,
    100mpw I've done this a few times. I've just looked back in my diary & it went:

Mon am rest pm 8
    Tue am 5 pm 10 X 300m total session 6
    Wed am 5 pm 12
    Thu am 5 pm 5 X 1 mile 5min jog rec total session 10
    Fri am 5 pm 6
    Sat am 10 pm 8
    Sun am 22
    TOTAL 102

140mpw & you do train three times a day.

I've covered 90 this week I feel ok.
    Easy week comeing up

You can do it, good luck

Tim
  • Options
    Big Tim - thanks a lot for that.

two-a-days it is then. last time around I managed an 85 mile week on one-a-days but I think that's the absolute limit.

I guess the only issue is that you need a lot more running kit and/or a bigger washing machine!
  • Options
    Don't you also need mega-supportive family and few domestic responsibilities??

I'm only jealous - sounds an incredible challenge and achievement to get into such high mileage.

Well done to all who did such long runs today.
  • Options
    What: 3 miles steady exploratory run.
    Why: FIRST PROPER RUN SINCE INJURY!!!! :) (Yes, I am quite happy to be back running, however did you guess?)

Last hard: Assault course on Thursday.
    Last rest: Yesterday.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    I don't think I could ever run 100 miles in a week. I'm dedicated but I don't think by body or family would allow it.

Good luck to all who do though- I'm impressed!
  • Options
    78 minutes offroad - first 4½ miles lapping the grounds at Caldy, with lots of soft undulating surfaces (long grass, mud, sand, bark). Then out up Thurstaston Hill & round the common a couple of times, just making up a route as I went along.
    Sunshine at least made it reasonably warm by the time I got out - but running on unfamiliar ground into a blinding low sun unexpectedly hazardous - lots of obstacles I almost tripped over/crashed into.
    Longest run (in terms of time on feet but definitely not distance) yet.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Better late than never.....
    Started with good intentions for a long run (18m),having decided to give Camberley AC X-country a miss by laying out kit on Sat night,preparing drinks and setting the alarm for 5am for a 5.30 start.....
    Daughter#2 up at 12-2,daughter#1 in at 4,4.30,5.00 and gave up and got up at 5.30 with her,at least allowing my beloved some sleep.
    Upside is I managed to see the 'Premiership'

Snuck out to the gym for an hour before lunch and did the following pyramid:
    3min w-up (8m30 miles)
    3min MaraPace (7m20) 1 min slow recov
    3min HalfM (7m00) 1 min slow recov
    2min 10m pace (6m40) 2 min slow recov
    2min 10k pace (6m20) 2 min slow recov
    2min 5k pace (6m00) 2 min slow recov
    2min 2m pace (5m45) 2 min slow recov
    Back up again , 3min slow recov
    Total 50 mins = 6.7miles
    Felt abit knackered- I put that down to the lack of sleep.
    I'm doing the long run Monday am, daughter#1 at school, wife and daughter#2 out!
    Last rest : Thursday

CU
  • Options
    What: 15 miles - longest run post Dublin Mara'
    Why: Get back in training for Brighton Half in Feb and Paris/London in April
    Result: Was planning on doing easy pace but felt really goo at 10 miles and pushed for last 5. Great run on a wet&windy Brighton seafront.
  • Options
    What :6 mile
    Why :Its got a hill in the middle
    Last rest , Saturday