Options

adventure running

I participated in a 120 km sahara stage running race in march 04 in Tunisia. Great fun - a real adventure!!!( we ran 120km in 4 days! More info: www.100kmdelsahahra.com) Looking for something similar next spring in any country! Does anyone has experience in other trail runnunig adventures and something special to recommend? I also love to share my experience! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    Andrea, quite a few ultra runners are in the Himalaya at the moment having just finished a race, when they get back i'm sure they'll be able to help.
  • Options
    Andrea, i was wrong it seems they are back already but a bit quiet at the moment.
  • Options
    Andrea,

If you enjoy desert races you could always do the MdS, thats around 250km over 6 days. You will probably find that next years race is sold out now but you can register for 2006. See www.darbaroud.com and saharamarathon.co.uk for more info.

The eventrate.com website is also a good source of information for ultras.
  • Options
    Andrea

I am doing the same event next year, can you let me know any top tips for this as I am going into it quite green - done 8 marathons but nothing quite like this! Training, equipment etc... also flights etc how did you get that sorted?

tomfday@yahoo.co.uk is my email, can you help?

Thanks

Tom
  • Options
    The Marathon of Britain seems to have been well received by all who took part - even the ones who ended up in hospital.

It's late summer rather spring and being in Britain rather than the Sahara it's going to be rather different but the format of 175 miles over difficult terrain over 6 days will certainly be a challenge.

www.marathonofbritain.com
  • Options
    Andrea..am entering same event next march would appreciate any advise you can give as this will be first attempt it looks awesome and am excited but really scared so anything you can pass on would be great..
    good luck with finding another event

email is..snesmum@aol.com
    if you have time i,d love to hear from you
    thanks