Options

Guaranteed entry

When do we find out if we have an entry after supplying evidence of a "good for age time". Just paranoia setting in that's all!

Comments

• Options
    Adrian,

You should have recieved a guarenteed entry form soon after you sent off your application. If you received this, and sent off your cheque then you should be receiving your pack shortly. I got mine today.

Gareth
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    If you have completed and submitted the GFA form they will have cashed your cheque very shortly afterwards, check the bank statement! I received my pack today as well so it shouldn't be long.

If you haven't even received the entry form yet get in touch with them, best of luck and see you at the green start.
  • Options
    Ah, thanks for that haven't heard anything since since mid october so best give them a ring and keep things crossed.
  • Options
    got my acceptance and race number today
  • Options
    Adrian, got my 'good for age' acceptance and race number today so worry.
  • Options
    Oppps meant DON'T worry!
  • Options
    Haven't even had an official entry form so will worry, and get on the phone to them!

On a slightly different topic how realistic is it to go for a PB on this course? Is it too busy or is it reasonable?
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Adrian it is possible to go for a pb, but it is very busy. I think a lot depends on where you start. If you're aiming for sub 3.45 it gets less busier the further you go.
  • Options
    Thanks to you guys I think I just managed to get in! I phoned on the last day for good for age entry returns (by complete fluke) and they said "whoops, sorry we haven't sent you a form"!!!! SO it's in the post today and they will extend the deadline for me. Fingers crossed, just have to dodger the traffic and make that PB now.
  • Options
    Does anyone know where us good for age runners start from? I have only run London once before, from Greenwich. Am hoping a fster time will gain me a smaller T shirt!
    P.S. They cashed my cheque the day they got my purple form and I got my acceptance pack last week. Why do I have a race number over 50 000? Far from elite....
  • Options
    i was wondering about this too....i'm after 3.20, but don't think i'll manage this is i get held up at the start...
    my race number's pretty high too, though i wasn't expecting anything else, really...
    maybe just have to get resigned to the enforced warm up...
  • Options
    I think someone somewhere said the number you get in the pack is different to your race number,it's just a processing number which is probabally allocated sequentially as they process the places. I believe the number you get at registration will reflect your time.

I'll certainly make sure I am well behind you and out of the way!

Lindi
  • Options
    I'm aiming for sub 3 hours and I also have a number of around 55000. This is my third GFA entry and as far as I can remember, last time my running number was not the same as the one on the registration form.
  • Options
    Fiona/Fluffa

GFA entrants run from the green start in Blackheath. This is not far from the blue start, but the smallest of the three. Quite civilised really, and it should be possible to get away fairly quickly.

Your high number probably confirms that it is a green start number but, in any event, once you go beyond the elite/championship numbers (roughly 1 - 999), the number doesn't mean very much - certainly nothing to do with expected finish time. I think they allocate numbers in such a way as to get a roughly even flow of people collecting their bags from the baggage lorries at the finish (ie, they don't give numbers close to one another to everyone expected to finish at roughly the same time since, were they to do so, hundreds of people would converge on the same baggage truck at the same time after finishing).
  • Options
    Apart from your actual race number you'll be allocated a start pen according to your stated finish time.
  • Options
    LarsLars ✭✭✭
    Does the race number really say anything? When I see that Dr. F wants a sub 3 with a 55000, than I don`t know, how I got my number (it is lower, but I don`t remember now), because me DREAM is a 3:59:59!
  • Options
    Apart from elite and championship numbers, starting numbers don't have much bearing on estimated finish time. Roughly speaking, they are allocated as follows:

- 1 to 999 Elite/Championship numbers (Blue Start - expected finish time: sub 2:45 men)

- 1000 to approx. 24000: blue start, mass start pens - numbers randomly allocated)

- 24001 to approx. 44000: red start, mass start pens - numbers randomly allocated)

- 44000+: green start, good for age entrants mainly - numbers randomly allocated to start pens).

Now, I may have mis-remembered the broad number bands, and there may be some special categories (eg, the football challenge people, celebs, etc) - but you really shouldn't read too much into your race number.