Options

Running in Cardiff

Does anyone know of any (short!) races taking place in or around Cardiff? I can run up to 7k fairly comfortably and would like to do some proper stuff, but don't know where to start!

Comments

• Options
    Depends what you mean by "around Cardiff" but the next 10k that's being advertised is Merthyr Mawr on the 15th December. It's got a reputation for being fairly difficult though. Most races at this time of the year seem to have an off road element in them.

You could try the Richard Burton 10k at Cwmavon near Port Talbot on 12th January and that one has a 5k fun run as well if you don't fancy the full 10k.

Some of the local clubs may be hosting smaller events that may be suitable, mine is doing a canal bank (lots of mud) 10k on the 29th Dec.

Visit this website, www.runnerswebuk.com, to find links to club websites, from there you can see what they have planned.

Hope that's some help. Good luck with whatever you decide.

DB
  • Options
    Boing!

Just bringing this back up in case Claire missed it yesterday.
  • Options
    Only it's not normal for me to be helpful and I'd hate to think that my act of charity should be overlooked this close to Christmas.
    (Run and Become vouchers gratefully received)
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I've made a list of a couple that I plan to try, or at least read about and wish I had tried!! Let you know how I get on. xx
  • Options
    Sorry - should have said 'guy' (singular - I'm so persnickety), but I didn't look to see if they were from the same person or not!
  • Options
    There is only one DB.
  • Options
    Claire,

There are plenty of forumites based in S Wales. The list can go on and on but give us a shout if you need any help/encouragement. It has helped me at times to knowthat there are other people out there who have the same doubts, fears and general ignorance. The only one's I've met are Bear and Benz but they were human, not freaky geeky weirdo's. Just people who run and care and help.

P.S. Don't tell them I said that or they'll have me down as a soppy git.
  • Options
    Hahah
    Caught you
    Im very slow, bear is fast
    But he is REALLY nice
    next year theres the Kruf 10k(sept), round cardiff, flat, finish in Milleniun stadium
    youve gotta do it
    You based in Cardiff?
  • Options
    i'm at uni here, it's my last year but i'm hoping to hoping to stay on and do a phd next year, so i should be around in september!! might try to do the race for life in july, it's only 5k. where are you? uh oh, my tummy just rumbled really loudly, time to go home for lunch.
    btw, sorry it takes my so long to log on and check my messages, i'm kind of swamped with coursework at the moment, but i do check at least once during the day, so i'm not ignoring you!!!