Options

Saturday 22 January

Morning,

a bit tough those lyrics!

What: 4M easy am, 5 x 1000m pm
Why: Recovery & VO2 max

Last hard: Thur
Last rest: 8 days

SiT, good to see some solid training being done :-)

Comments

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Morning

what: swimming only tri club session
    why: Oldbury 30 tomorrow so rest the legs
    Last hard: Sunday
    Last rest: Monday

Notes: 32 miles this past week and it's only January
  • Options
    Morning all

What: Relays later this pm

Simon

P.S. Tim - did you get mail re summer?
  • Options
    SiT, yes & have just reply-ed :-)
    Race well & give it all you've got!
  • Options
    Morning

What:4 miles easy

Why:keep the legs ticking over, Helsby tomorrow

Last hard:Saturday

Last rest:Thursday

Race well Simon! Good luck all others racing this weekend

Take care out there,it's very icy, I came close to falling a couple of times.
  • Options
    Morning,

Very crispy in the North East this morning.

What: 4 to 6 miles easy
    Why: Taper for BM tomorrow

Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: 24 days

Any racers run well, those on the injured bench heal quick.
  • Options
    Morning

Very crispy in South Yorks this morning.

What: 4 to 6 miles easy
    Why: Taper for BM tomorrow

Last hard: 9 days
    Last rest: 94 days

Sounds like an interesting race, SiT. Have a blast.
  • Options
    Morning

Good luck Simon and all racers today:-)

Rest day for me

Not Crisp down here but it is a tad wet;-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Options
    morning

not been too well this week - so very little training. feeling a bit better today though

what: swim training done, off now to do a hill session
    why: tri training continues - working today on swim technique and hill session to build strength

last hard: sunday
    last rest: lots of them this week!
  • Options
    Beanz52Beanz52 ✭✭✭
    morning

what: nothing
    why: hoping shin will be ok for BM tomorrow
  • Options
    WEll done Sodahead junior!

M - sorry you've been poorly

What: 5 hours or snow of snowboarding, recovery run, 5-ish miles later, if my legs allow
    Why: Because I don't take this running stuff seriously enough
    Last hard: yesterday's speed session (felt sick) followed by yesterday's off piste session (burning legs - ooh, lactic acid)
    Last rest: 25 December

Have a fab day, everyone - and GOOD LUCK to racers!
  • Options
    Morning

What: 5m easy off-road
    Why: Legs asked for consecutive easy days

Last hard: 2 days

Happy racing...

----
  • Options
    WardiWardi ✭✭✭
    Recuperation continues, about 15 miles on the bike and lots of stretching. Hope to see a few of the Brass Monkey participants from the sidelines tomorrow.

Beanz.. only you can decide whether to run or not, but don't forget - never run with pain. Good luck.
  • Options
    Morning

What: 4m easy, done
    Why: had to do early due to busy day a head

Last hard: wednesday
    Last rest: thursday

See there a few who got entries in to BM on here, you lucky lot. hope you enjoy it
  • Options
    Good luck to all racing.

Lizzy B, thats a hard life you have there.

What: 800m intervals followed by a sess in the gym
    Why: Starting to introduce some speed 1-2 times/week
    Last hard: Thursday hills
    Last rest: Yesterday

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Good luck to all those racing this weekend. Look forward to reading the reports as they come in!

M. hope you continue to feel better. Being poorly is horrid and frustrating!

Rest Well those who are and a speedy recovery to those injured and ill!

I had my physio massage yesterday and the good news is that there is no tear in my calf, it was just mileage fatigue. So after a good battering they're now feeling good again. Physio actually said they were in quite good condition this time and she was pleased with them:o)

Annual club dinner last night. I picked up FV award and a fidelity prize for completing 8 club races. Food and wine were good too:o)

What:6 miles d&d and drinking lots of water to rehydrate after drinking a bit too much red wine (for me)last night.
    why:easy day
    last hard:Thursday
    last rest:yesterday

Have a good day all!
  • Options
    Good news for you hilly.

Good luck to racers and long runners today.

what: 2 mile slow run.
    why: just getting back into running
    Last hard: Thursday
    Last rest: Yesterday - much needed.

very enjoyable run. a little worried about niggles in my knees and achillies. will have to do some strengthening exercises for my achillies i think.

anyway, 2 mile run was no problem fitness wise, just a little worried about my legs/knees. will try a 3 mile plod tomorrow i think.
  • Options
    What? 6m with club AM / 7m including strides PM
    Why? Keep fresh for the long run
    Last hard? Thursday
    Last rest? 22 days ago

Had still a bit of pain around the foot and went with club around the Heath. While the others jumped in the 4C pond, I only put my foot in. Seems a bit better now, the cold pond must have some healing power :)
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭

Hello,

What: 4 miles on treadmill.
    Why: Ease back a little from yesterdays 6.5mile.
    LastHard: Mar2004
    LastRest: 18Jan05

A slight pain around/under/near the left knee cap whilst running. It did restrict me from lifting my left knee upwards. Stopped when I had finished. Now sitting here at my desk poking it does not bring on any pain. Would appreciate any comment.

LizzyB: Crikey, you do all that and then say you're not serious?? I reckon I need to re-examine my own motivations. :0)

What a memorable evening, Hilly.

Good luck to all racers.

nrg-b.
  • Options
    morning all. a bit fresh out.

what : rest
    why : have run 3 days on the bounce
    last hard : friday
    last rest : tues

feeling good. calf seems ok but a little tender after 3 days straight running but i know it's much better.

have a good weekend and good luck all racers particularly those doing Brass Monkey and Helsby halves
  • Options
    Morning all,

Looks like there's a few people going to Brass Monkey tomorrow, good luck to you all.

SiT- Have a good one this afternoon.

Hilly-well done on the award.Those club do's are always fun aren't they?

What- 9 miles steady off road.61 mins.

Why-This weeks been a bit of plod,so i wanted to squeeze a little more out today but also with a mind to tomorrows 18 miler.

Last Hard-1 day

Last rest-8 days.

Good luck to anyone else racing over the weekend,or attempting a long run like me,or just to everyone really!

Anders.
  • Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Good morning

Congratulations Hilly - well deserved

Good luck to all the weekend racers

What: 8 miles steady
    Why: racing tomorrow - Folksworth 15
    Last Hard: Tuesday
    Last Rest: 63 days

Currently suffering from cumulative mileage fatigue and very tight hamstrings from the strides I've been doing. Looks like tomorrow could be a bit of a shuffle.
  • Options
    thanks lizzy and hilly

hill session proved that i'm still not as well as i thought. was supposed to do 4 lots of 3 hill reps but i was struggling to breathe by the end of the warm up so restricted it to 2 lots of 3 reps with a big long rest int he middle! feeling a bit down about the whole thing now though :-(

congrats on your awards hilly! good news on your calf too - you must be very relieved.

no ideas to help i'm afraid nrg-b - but keeping fingers crossed for you that its nothing serious.

good luck to anyone racing tomorrow and to all those running long. if the weather stays fine we're supposed to be doing a bike TT but I suspect that the conditions are likely to be a bit too icy for that so maybe a turbo/run brick session instead.
  • Options
    Afternoon all,
    Nice day for running outside though a little on the chilly side!

What:
    AM: 6-mile comfy pace, was a bit hesitant of ice, but once I got going, legs felt good and pace was good also.

PM: Hill session 10-12reps of 250-300m steep incline.

I will try this and see how I feel, on for 85miles at least this week, so miles miles and miles! :)

Why:
    Scheduled high intensity day today, focus on Aniaerobic Strengh and Endurance.
  • Options
    afternoon everybody!

Good luck to everybody racing either today or tomorrow and congratulations Hilly on your award, sounds well deserved to me!

feel great and really want to run today but I'm going to be disciplined and stick to this weeks schedule (not yet doing consecutive days after my previous problems, next weekend for that) so no running today and probably a 5 miler tomorrow.

what: stretching
    why: ongoing attempt to loosen my legs
    last hard: why do I even answer this?
    last rest: never more than 2 days ago just now! :(

"Treadmill" - I'm intrigued and also a little confused by your suggestion, I'm happy to have any wellwishers or admirers but with the wedding being in Peru I think so far only my parents are definitely going with possibly 3 or 4 others. I can't imagine a crowd of RW forumites also there though I wouldn't say no. :)
  • Options
    JEvaNsJEvaNs ✭✭✭
    Afternoon....

What: 14 miles very, very, very slowly
    Why: Trying to go as slowly as HRM thinks I should - maybe I should have run backwards
    Last hard: Today
    Last rest: Last Sunday

Good luck to Helsby/BM & all other racers this weekend!
    Beanz - take care if you do race!
    Hilly - club dinners and awards?! I think I might join a club after all, sounds fab!

35 miles this week and still have tomorrow if I want to try and make it up to 40. Quite tempting.......

• Options
    Hello all.

Don't be too down M. I was ill before Xmas and it took ages to be able to exercise at the same intensity. It will come back soon.

Hilly, well done on the award.

Well, I was meant to be doing Folksworth tomorrow, but bearing in mind I am snowed under with work and uni assignements, and the fact I am much to unfit to race at the moment, I have decided to give it a miss.

Good luck to those of you that are doing it, and any other races this weekend.

What: gentle 18 mile MTB ride (very enjoyable)
    Why: just because
    Last hard: Wednesday

Have a fun weekend.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the congrats!

M. sorry you still felt unwell when training today. Take it easy, you're body obviously isn't 100% just yet!

AM-you're right that club dinners are a good evening out. I got called motormouth when presented with my prize, which I'm not sure was very flattering, but it was meant in good humour as I constantly chat on training runs:o)
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Good luck tomorrow Tom in Folksworth 15. Give those hamstrings a good cold bath today and a self massage, it does wonders!:o)

Jen, joining a club in well worth the effort for many reasons-you get meet lots of people who love to do what you do, shared training/racing experiences, some clubs have coaches, dinners and awards....:o)
  • Options

Afternoon

What: 4m easy later
    Why: ½ marathon training.
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: Thursday

Good Luck for everyone racing today.
  • Options

Julz -- The wedding. I'm planning a round the world trip and part of that will hopefully involve South America - so errr, don't count upon no RW forumites being there for your pi$$ up!

;o)