Options

cough and wheezy chest

last night after my warm up run i had quite a bad coughing fit then when i went into the training (hockey) which is fairly high intensity reps for me - i was feeling a bit wheezy and strugglng to breathe properly and felt some soreness in my left bronchial area (but had been hacking away before)

this has happened a couple of times before but after training and not as badly as last night and it was a pain because it was affecting how hard i could train! although it was very damp and chilly last night

it doesnt happen when i run at other times or swimming or in the gym etc

however i do sometimes have coughing bouts and it always feels like my left lung is the source of the problem - i have put it down to possibly being related to having 2 cats and being a little allergic to them !

im guessing it might be an asthma type reaction - but never having had asthma before

i do have a tendency for heavy colds and flu to go to my chest and have had a couple of bad chest infections in the past

im just wondering if i need to do anything about it - or what i can do if it happens again when im training- or playing to sort it out!

Comments