Options

ING New York City Marathon 2005

1252253254255256258»

Comments

• Options
    There is a good chance that I will also do Amsterdam.....if I don't get into New York again. Will still have the issue of three days in Kiev immediately prior to going to Holland. Will be three very boozy days too as it is for a stagger which is coinciding with the Ukraine v Scotland match.....nightmare scenario really.
  • Options
    could be a usefull experiment ont eh real affect of alcohol on marathon performance
  • Options
    I fancy Amsterdam and Dublin but 2 Marathons in 2 weeks is too stupid even for someone as daft as me.
    It was suggested by someone on this forum that I just do a half in Amsterdam as a final long run for Dublin.
    This leaves me with the problem of how to get round Mrs ITC to whom I promised "never again" on Sunday.
    Perhaps I will just blame Hanneke.
  • Options
    I really want to do another Marathon. Will be next year now :-(

How was rotterdam?

Im not going to be an officer - im going in at the bottom!

Off to Halton on the 17th May - very scary! Its the job i wanted which i couldn't get into as an officer anyway so im very happy!!

apart from scary 9 weeks of hell! At least I don't need to train from scratch to get myself fit!

Maddy how are you? You have been busy! What time did you do Rotterdam in? WAS IT GOOD?
  • Options
    Anyone know what marathons they are doing next year?
    I will do a spring and autumn one. Going to apply for London - if not a will do Stockholm and then maybe Chicago or NY again! or maybe an English one - have to say i prefer the races big though - it feels better knowing 10,000 people or so are behind you ha ha
  • Options
    Oh ITC, I can now never face Mrs ITC again for planting those thoughts into your head!

• Options
    Caledonian, go for it if you don't get into NY! There is a nice group of people, some of whom you alreday know, doing it!
  • Options
    Hayley, I am hoping to run a sub 3.50 time in Amsterdam and thus qualify for Boston, which will be April 2007. Cardiff in the autumn probably, or Berlin.
  • Options
    Think it might be time to let this thread go gracefully.
  • Options
    Hi all. I entered the NY marathon a couple of weeks back and got a message telling me I had a place. I am confused as I have never run a marathon before and don't fulfil any of the other guaranteed entry criteria. Part of me is really happy that I am in but another part doesn't quite believe it and am expecting to have it taken away any day soon!

Has anyone heard of any other people who have gotten a confirmed place rather than entering the lottery? The only thing I did different to my friend was to tick the box to join the NY Road Runners' Club... Any suggestions gratefully received!
  • Options
    CaledonianCaledonian ✭✭✭
    Lotte

Sounds as if you have been very very lucky so keep it quiet!! Others can be guaranteed through tour companies or charities....but according to the nyrrc site it is mid-may before the lottery draw is made. Are you sure you just havent been assigned an entry number?

i am so keen to get in again it is truly a wonderful event.

Good Luck
  • Options
    Just when you think the thread has died...
  • Options
    Sorry - have just found the 2006 NY thread - should have posted on there. Keep getting lost in forum space...
  • Options
    IanCIanC ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

see that this thread is really a phoenix!

also waiting for news from the ballot. if fail possibly do Berlin but Golf maybe an alternative for the summer.

The problem is that I have done Chicago, NY and now London 3w ago. At London I did a BQ for next year so I would have done all the 'big' 5 if I do Berlin. Pity there is no big prize money for amateurs.

I still want to do NY again. on a cooler day.