Options

FIDAL Card

Hi, I am running the Sahara Challenge in 4 weeks time, and need some kind of certificate saying I am fit enough to run, quote from Italian email...

"The medical certificate must be issued by e doctor working in the sport medicine. This certificate will be issued after tests during a training (electrocardiogram). The Fidal card is a card issued by the Italian federation for track and field events. The most of italian running association becomes affiliated to this federation. To have the card the runner must present a medical certificate issued by a sport medicine center after tests during training."

Does anyone know who can get me one of these certificates, or ever heard of an electrocardiogram...?

Why can't I just sign a disclaimer...

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Options
    an ECG (electrocardiogram) is a standard test to assess the cardiac rhythm of a patient's heart and involves hooking you up via sensors on your chest to an ECG recorder...........any anomalies can then be determined.........

it seems a bit extreme for the Sahara challenge but my best advice would be to discuss this with your GP - or if you have a local sports clinic with them...........check out Departments of Sports SCience at Universities who may also be able to advise......
  • Options
    That's what I thought, I reckon if I get a doctors signed letter this may well suffice? It all seems a bit much really - I know it's going to be tough, but this is over the top?

Cheers, will check out with my GP 1st then!
  • Options
    TD - If you skim the Paris marathon thread you'll find a template for writing your own.

It'll save you anywhere from £10 to £50!
  • Options
    I had to get an ECG done last year along with amedical cert, I also need to get one done in a month or so for the MDS.

Go see your GP and explain your situation - if they are kind hearted they will do and sign an ECG for nowt if not they will either tell you to piss off or charge for it.

Its a simple procedure, and no hassle if you have a sympathetic GP although I do know a couple of people who had problems getting their GP to sign them off.
  • Options
    Trying to get the GP to do it for free - playing the charity card so will see...

Will have a look at the Paris thread as well - cheers guys!