Options

1500m training

1414243444547»

Comments

• Options

This 1500m thread was very popular a few years ago.

Bumped for somebody looking for 1500m advice today.

• Options
    cliff781cliff781 ✭✭✭

Brilliant thread some good advice image

• Options

No probs mate.

• Options

Hi, I am posting again..1500m was my preferred event.. Have some old schedules I can run over??

Pain is weakness leaving the body
  • Options
    CC82CC82 ✭✭✭

Just found this thread...

I've never done a race less than 5k and have only done one track race (10,000) a couple of years ago but looking to get into it after I've got the next 10k road race out of the way.

Plan is to take the 1500m / 3000m time down and work on the balls out speed for a year or two before moving back up to 5k / 10k.

I haven't read all 70 pages, but I will at some point image

• Options
    Advice for improving 1500m / Mile for VM58 casual runner - 15/18km/week

Hi everyone!

I'm looking for advice from anyone who's ever tried to improve their 1500m times specifically. I have trawled the web for advice and ideas and 99% of everything I find appears to be geared for runners who are a) pretty accomplished b) runners who enjoy longer distance. I should state that I run recreationally - probably around 15-18km /week. ( much more and I don't have enough recovery!! )

I started about 4 years ago from nowhere -had never run at school etc. ( it was just to get fitter really. ) and decided I quite liked the challenge. I gave myself a goal to get a "sub 25m 5k" and achieved that last year. (24:31). The goals to achieve up next, were a "sub 4 min 1km" and "sub 7 min Mile". I got to within 7secs of both (4:06 and 7:06) last year, however all the interval and tempo and easy running training I've mixed in, haven't made any real dents in these times.

I'm about 80kg and 5' 9".