Options

loss of enthusiasm

Help wanted for someone who has lost their enthusiasm. Recently moved to the opposite end of the country, new job, new flat, more stress. Also had a viral ear infection which gave me terrible dizzy spells and falling over epidoes. Thankfully resloving. End result loss of motivation (plus weather is soooo cold and wet) and enthusiasm. Any advice would be welcome.

Ta

Louise

Comments

• Options
    Louise,
    have you thought of joining a local running club in your new area? Having other people to go with always makes me feel more motivated, and it would also be a good way of meeting new people if you've moved somewhere where you don't know many other people. I'm moving too in February from Manchester to Leeds, and am hoping there'll be a club for me to join there - I've been meaning to join one for a while but it makes sense to wait until I move. Also running is a good way of dealing with the stress of your move / new job etc, obviously make sure you've recovered from the infection before you do too much.
    Hope this helps!
    FG
  • Options
    Book yourelf into some races this will give you an end goal! Make all that training worth while!
  • Options
    You could also go for a weekend run in any local green spots, to check out the countryside (or parks). Just once a week - seeing some new scenery might be really inspiring.

Other than that, go for fear and book those races!
  • Options
    The club idea is a good one.

If it wer'nt for this being a club night there is no way I'd drag myself out for a 6 mile run tonight in the freezing cold, but seeing it is I'll definitely go. Even though as I look out my office window right now and see small flakes of snow falling, I'll still go.

The power of cameraderie and not wanting to let friends down is very strong.

The races idea and goal setting is also good.

hope this helps Cha