Options

Rejected but waiting for club place

Is anyone out there in the same position as me?, i have been rejected by the ballot, but now am waiting to see if i've been successful in gaining a club place, my club has 3 places and so far as i know only 2 people have been rejected at the last count. The waiting is terrible, aparently i'll find out at the end of this month (could be a late xmas prezzie).

Good Running

AndyJohn

Comments

• Options
    Same-ish position but due to work I am not a club member so looks like I have to go the charity route which I did nt want to do this year have done it 2 previous years and really could do without it for one reason or another. I have been so disappointed at not getting in but I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!!
  • Options
    The club I belong is probably doing their own ballot tonight. As of Sunday I had only heard of 5 rejections, 3 club places as well. Keeping fingers crossed.
  • Options
    My club is handing out places on the basis of how deserving you are - mainly how many times you have been rejected before. I've only applied the once and been rejected once and I've only been in the club for a few months so I think my chances are slim.
  • Options
    Yep
    same here, rejected in ballot, my club has 5 places and 4 rejections that I know about including me, thats not to say there are not more. We'll be doing a mini ballot at the Christmas dance on the 20th, so fingers crossed for another week.

If I don't get a place thats it for me, no run, as I cant face the stress of large scale fund raising.

A few years ago My wife did one of those adventure things (Walk 100 miles over Jordanian desert to Petra ) but had to raise £2000 for the associated charities. It was very hard work, too hard really.

Worse thing is she DID get a place (in FLM) so I could be reduced to spectating. How fair is that?

Cha
  • Options
    Waiting for club place - 3 available lots of folk rejected but not sure how many are applying for club places. Applications dont close till 31/12 so wont find out till early Jan :( Did Gold Bond this year but not keen to go that route again, training and trying to raise £1k+ at the same time without large numbers of contacts is not easy.
  • Options
    Me too. There are 3 places, and they'll go to those who've turned out most often in the cross country races. I'm fairly optimistic that I'll get one, but don't want to go counting chickens etc... actually, I was hoping to hear yesterday at XX... Can't bring myself to embark formally on (yet another!) marathon training schedule until I'm sure I have a place.
  • Options
    Same boat, my club has 3 places to fill and within 5 mins of the announcement there was a queue of eight people to put their names down.

Rules for the places were:- must have been rejected, never done it before and been with the club at least 1 year.

I qualify but so did at least 5 of the others, still better odds than the FLM lottery
  • Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
    im in through my club ballot..drawn last night
  • Options
    Hi Andy, havn't heard from you lately. I'm lucky enough to have been awarded a club place for next year, found out that the club sometimes has trouble finding takers for the free places (they get 4) probably because it's fundementaly an athletics club rather than a running club. Most members couldn't train for and run the FLM without it adversly affecting their track season which starts 1 week later. I don't do track so it won't affect me.

Good luck with your application

jenks

PS are you doing the Witham baxing day 5?
  • Options
    Hi Jenks

Nice to hear from you, no i'm not running Witham on boxing day, however i am doing xc on 29th Dec and 5th Jan. I don't know what my first road race will be.

Good luck and Merry Xmas

AndyJohn