Options

How Fast is 'Get You Round"?

I'm not fast enough to train for a sub 4.30 next April so I've decided to follow the 'Get You Round" Schedule. Trouble is, as a 11-12 minute miler at the moment, I need to know what pace the group actually runs at. Someone mentioned 10 minute miles then a walking break of one minute. I could probably do two or three miles at 10 minute mile pace but 26.......?

Comments

• Options
    Munchkin

The Get You Round pacers run at somewhere in the region of 11 to 12 minute miling for five minutes, before walking for one minute. The sub 5-hour group, on the other hand, will run all the way round at 11-minute miling pace.

For more info click here!

Rob, RW
  • Options
    do what you feel comfortable with, dont go off to fast, run at your own pace and dont try to keep up with others who are faster than you, enjoy it for yourself and have a fantastic day, as long as you get through the finish, unless youre a serious runner looking for times etc, who cares!
  • Options
    One of the best tips I've read, is don't expend energy early on by weaving around slower runners in front of you. There will always be someone in front of you.
  • Options
    Munchkin, Thanks for raisng that question, I have just logged in to ask exactly the same thing! Will you be at any of the training sessions beforehand?
  • Options
    Mike19Mike19 ✭✭✭
    Surely the aim has to be finishing and enjoying. Whatever time you do it will be a PB and a massive personal achievement.

If you must worry about something, worry about something meaningful, like getting to the startline. Hopefully by then the pace guesswork will have been removed.
  • Options
    Getting to the start line uninjured and ready is the biggie for now - and that in itself will be a PB after nn years of failure.

On the day it would be great to go round with a group of others, (celebrating every mile?) and that's why I wanted to know the pace. It's about setting my expectations and goals.

26.2 already seems (a bit) less daunting now I know that I can already cover ground at that pace, so my main target now is distance and time on my feet.
  • Options
    Thanks to all of you, I feel a bit more confident now.

Helen Worf
    Yes, I would love to attend some of the training sessions if its practical for me to get there, I live in the North West, are you from nearby? It would be great to train with someone of similar pace.