Options

Marks out of 10

2»

Comments

• Options
    popsiderpopsider ✭✭✭
    In terms of satisfaction then I'd say about 7 out of 10. The thing that I think I'd take from running if I never ran again would be the feeling you get when you are running well whether in a race or a training run and the feeling of really pushing myself to the limits of my fitness - often in a race but sometimes in training like a long run.

In terms of reaching my potential as a runner about 4 out of 10 - I got to within 10 seconds of my 10k pb within about 6 months of taking up running - injury then intervened which led to me taking up cycling - and since then more injury and more cycling - when I have been at my fittest I've not really raced and all my pbs have been set off no more than about 25 miles a week.
  • Options
    Satisfaction with my running career in terms of the people I've met, the camerarderie, the places I've been, the sights I've seen, the friends I've made, the satisfaction of marshalling, what I've learned about my mind and body, the mental barriers I've broken, the fact that I'm pretty proud of my body shape and fitness, blah blah blah...8/10

In terms of achievements - 0/10 Bit of a perfectionist, me As soon as I achieve a goal, the fact that I've achieved it completely devalues it. Means it must have been a soft touch ;-).
  • Options
    satisfaction a definate 10/10

achievement Id go for a 9. I have had bad races and good races. I have failed miserably and I have been first in. But Id be happy in the knowledge that on a good day, under the right conditions on the right terrain, over the right distance I could give most people a run for their money. And thats all I ever wanted from running anyway.

We are all in the same boat - without exception everyone here is faster than some slower than others.