Options

Layoff

I started running in early August,and after recurring injurys[archiles tendons]I have decided to pack it in for 2-3 months. Instead of being inactive for my layoff,I intend to do a bit of training on the bike. So I was wondering if any of you could point me in direction of good cycling web sites, espeialy ones with training scheduals. Suppose you could say I'm looking for cycling's equivant to the Runners World site.

Comments

• Options
    I have the same problem. Cycling will only aggravate the injury. Your best bet is swimming. My advice is to visit a triathlon training site and follow their training routine for swimming. I have just started it and its great. I am taking 6 weeks off running and swimming 3/4 times a week for about 45 mins a time. Try it!
  • Options
    RW'sBB thanks for posting. I've already been doing a bit of swimming and am realy enjoying it, but length sessions at our local pool are at times when I am at work. I have started cycling and don't find it aggravates injury. I have taken breaks from running before but usualy get impaitent after 2-3 weeks and end up with "can't walk down the stairs in the morning syndrome". So I was looking for a cycling training schedual so I don't fall in to this trap again. Hope your layoff is going well.