Options

Saturday Session, 14th Dec

.. this xmas party lark is addictive! 3 so far this *week* and at least 2 more to go! :)

What: Quick 4-miler.
Why: Partied tonight and will party tomorrow night. Dehydration will be setting in, but I have to go run!

Last hard: Will doubtless be today, even tho the mileage is small, simply due to the state I'll be in!
Last rest: Yesterday.

Comments

• Options
    What: long run. Hopefully about 2 hours. Have to do Chrismas shopping and get <SHRIEK!!!> waxed first, though...
    Why: driving to London tomorrow.

Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: y/day
  • Options
    What: 4 Miles, quick n' easy
    Why: Race tommorow
    Last Hard: Thursday
    Last Rest: Monday

Just departing now, see you all in 1/2 an hour.
  • Options
    What: First for a while after chest infection finally left to bug s/o else. Will be easy and short.
    Last hard: two weeks ago
    Last rest: don't - feeling a bit tubby and it's not even Christmas yet!

Good luck to all
  • Options
    What: Long run day, got a 13.6K route planned, toying with the idea of connecting up with a 7.7K to make it a 1/2M (not done that far before, but want to race it in Feb/Mar). So, er, it'll be 13.6K.
    Why: Umm.... ?
    Rest: Yesterday
    Hard: Tue?

Have fun, everyone.
  • Options
    morning all. miserable day up here in Leeds. But happy news because..

what : 3 mile easy after work later on
    why : first run in over a week due to injured foot. swelling down and movement seems to be ok so i'm going to test it with a short easy run.
    last hard : over a week ago
    last rest : too many

if all goes well today and i expect it will, we be turning out in Coalite 10km in Bolsover tommorow, but will take it steady i think.
  • Options
    Rest today, as running club Christmas do was last night....and GOOD NEWS! I got one of our club places for FLM - so the training will have to start in earnest
    Last hard: yesterday - although I have to report the session did not go as planned... 2x2miles was quickly rethought as 4x1mile and quickly rethought again as 4x1km! (of which I am ashamed to say I only managed 2 1/2) No excuses except for overindulgence the night before :(
  • Options
    Compass Kath,
    CONGRATS on your FLM place that is great news.

What: 19 miler
    Why: I'm out on the razz again tonight, (pre-Christmas bash with a couple of old mates) basically necessitating doing Sundays long run today, otherwise no chance of doing it tomorrow with a screaming hagover.
    Last hard run: Today
    Last rest day: Firday
  • Options
    Of course that should read "screaming hangover" - I knew my brain had gone completely anoxic round about mile 16 ;-)

Having a screaming hagover would basically mean that my mother-in-law had turned up early this year!
  • Options
    what: V short hill race (see elsewhere)
    why: A chance to run in a race with my son - not that I ever saw him as a result of his 3 minute start!

last hard day: Tue
    last long day: Sun
    last rest day: Fri (but nowhere near enough sleep overnight)
  • Options
    What: get out there at a steady pace and see how I feel (probably 4 miles, could be as much as 10)
    Why: first run for 10 days because of a cold.
    Last hard run: Dec 1
    Last rest days: Dec5th-12th.
  • Options
    So, another weekend's boozing on the forum then! (love the hagover MM...)
    Congratulations on your flm place Compass Kath! I was lucky to get a club place too this week - do you feel therefore, like me, honour-bound to make a good go of it??
    Wee piglet - I think I'd rather do a long run than get waxed!

What: 13.5 miles, two loops and tried to do second loop faster than the first. Absolutely knackered now, could feel the after effects of yesterday by the final few miles.
    Why: No choice, must say the idea of running twice this distance in April at a faster pace feels laughable at the moment. How come you're already at 19 miles Marmite Master??
    Last hard: yesterday, but today felt hard too.
    Last rest: Thurs, another one coming up tomorrow I think.

• Options
    all these crazy party animals doing their thing, anyone would think it was Xmas.

as for Lady Penelope - steady on there, m'lady! now you've got your FLM place you've started out-training everyone else on the forum. glad to hear you're thinking of a rest day tomorrow.

what: 6 x 1mile @ 10K pace and faster off 60 sec. recoveries; 2mile warm-up/1mile down.
    why: oh you know, the usual reason.
    last rest: Monday.
    last hard day: Thursday, sort of.
  • Options
    Congrats, Compass Kath and Lady Pen - I've got a club place in FLM if I want it too, but I'd kind of decided to do Stratford after FLM rejection, largely coz I'm doing the Connemarathon 2 weeks before FLM.

Now I know I can have an FLM place I'm tempted . . what's really holding me back are the domestic issues it'll raise. Ah well, nice problem to have I guess!

An FLM place AND a rejection fleece!! Are we allowed to do that? :-)

Anyway . .

what: 6 miles hilly
    why: Connemarathon 30th March
    last rest: yesterday
    last hard day: Lisbon Marathon 1st December
    next: Forumites 10 miler tomorrow at Windsor
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all!

Well done Compass Kath with your FLM place!

This Xmas lark doesn't half interfere with my running! What with parties and shopping and visitors.....

What: 10 miles with middle 4 miles at 10k pace. Don't know how I managed when I must surely still have been under the influence of alcohol. Felt much better after though!

Why: this week I'm just trying to keep some running going as it's definitely my busiest in terms of parties etc. I shall log it as an easy week, if you can class drinking and dancing 'til 2am easy!

Last hard: today
    Last rest: yesterday.

• Options
    Hiya!

What: Full body workout on weights
    Why : Coz thats what I do on sat
    Last Hard : Yesterday
    Last Rest : Thursday

Laters people.
  • Options
    Is it Xmas soon then?

What: am 8M easy recovery run.
    What: pm 8M at marathon pace felt very comfortable indeed.
    Why: Possibly Taunton marathon but planning to smash by 1/2 PB at Paddock Wood in march.
    Last hard: Thursday's hill session in the mud.
    Last Rest: Fri had a 45min massage.

Tonight finish bottle of red wine! :)
  • Options
    Conscience forces me to confess that I haven't done my run... I did try. I even got my kit on, filled my flask with coffee for afterwards and drove to the start point, even though it was getting dark and I was a bit scared at the idea of having to run through the (lunatic infested) woods in the dark. I got out of the car into the freezing cold and made ready to start, but when I realised my MP3 player had failed to bookmark my place in my Jack London book of short stories set in Alaska I just couldn't go on - couldn't face having to re-listen to 90 minutes of repeat stories, since I heard them only last Sunday. Will have to go in the morning, and take a different (non woods) route before driving down South. Sigh :-(
  • Options
    Cheer up Wee Piglet . . . some days you just aren't meant to run, no matter how hard you try.

Make sure your MP3's ready for tomorrow (bet you've already done it!), enjoy your evening and look forward to your (non lunatic infested woods) run in the morning.

And as you head south afterwards you'll feel fine coz you'll have had such a great start to the day!!

(You're not headed towards Windsor are you?)
  • Options
    PS - where's your Wee Piglet Piccie gone Wee Piglet?

Not the same without it!!
  • Options
    What?
    My version of a long run
    One hour in the wet and rain, around the estate(boring but safe)
    About 5.5 miles i think
    Its a start
  • Options
    Evening all!
    Have realised that if I'm going to attempt to follow the RW 100 day half marathon schedule in time for Paddock Wood, today's the day to start! So:
    What: 3 miles easy
    Why: Always start schedules with good intentions
    Last hard: Oh dear last Sunday
    Last rest: Thursday

• Options
    Right. A bone to pick.
    I was toying with the idea of running 1/2M distance and NOT ONE OF YOU thought to mention that it would be rather unpleasant!

Well, a lot of it was fun - didn't like the last few miles though. And you people who run twice as far.... madness!!

So, next time it looks like I may be about to do something daft, let me know!!!!!

;-)
  • Options
    Hello ricardo k :-)

I'm not aiming for Windsor, I'm afraid: I'm going to Harrow Weald (guitar fixing) and then Edgware (curry, plus guitar listening with pals :-)

My piccy is being updated. A RW photographer came round the other day to take a new piccy of Wee Piglet in The Sty under Christmas conditions, so a suitably festive piccy is on the way. THanks for asking :-) I like your new piccy! Tres swish :-)
  • Options
    Swerve funny that samething happened to me at windsor this year... still i'm going to see if reading has the same effect
  • Options
    No training today, but went out and bought new road and off-road trainers (courtesy of the nice people at visa...)

will be tring out my new puma cell at windsor with the rest of the southern softies tomorrow...
  • Options
    What: 30 mins very gently - about 5k
    Why: Fierce chest infection for last two weeks.

Almost didn't get out at all but pleased I did. Glad I didn't push it, as not coughing so think I've got away with it. Nice to be back.

Have fun party people

• Options
    What: nothing. Lying in bed at 445am thinking about work. Got up. Worked from 520am to 8am, thought I'll sneak a run in and son appears and says: 'you are not going running!' Ah well... tommorow, maybe!
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    What: am - 40 min turbo trainer, pm 40 min recovery run
    Why: easy day
    Last hard day: yesterday
    Last rest day: Wednesday
  • Options
    ''when I realised my MP3 player had failed to bookmark my place in my Jack London book of short stories set in Alaska I just couldn't go on -'' - original excuse for not running prize of the week Piglet.

Hilly, I am shocked at you. I normally look to you to uphold standards of sobriety and moderation on the forum. It's just been a front all along, hasn't it? :)
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Laura, I know you won't believe me, but my work mates kept topping up my red wine at dinner when I wasn't looking.

As for some of the presents exchanged, well..........