Options

Session: Sunday 15 December 2002

Not me, however; still recovering. I should be resuming my long runs in the next week or two, and not before time either for a springtime marathon.

What: Rest.
Why: Recovering from injury and ran today.

Last hard: Yesterday, as I didn't know where anything was!
Last rest: Today.

Comments

• Options
    rest day for me, in the exercise sense
    Am at work
  • Options
    Done: about 10 miles
    Why: I feel guilty if I miss a long w/e run

Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: yesterday
  • Options
    What: Rest (might pop out v. briefly)
    Why: I hurt
    Hard: Yesterday
    Rest: Friday

Enjoy your Sundays.
  • Options
    What: Nothing.
    Why: Must obey First Law of Marathon Training - Do Not Overtrain.
    Last hard: Yesterday.
    Last rest: Thurs.
  • Options
    Rest for me - have this sodding cold that's going round. And I was looking forward to a nice 17 miles or so around south London.

I can't believe I used the phrase "looking forward" in connection with a seventeen mile run, but as a runner there's a great satisfaction to getting the miles up.

WIll have to wait until next weekend probably - will do some 6's and 8's in the week as soon as I can get the gunk out of my respiratory system.
  • Options
    Wow, what a run this morning, pouring rain, windy conditions and mega hills and still managed to do a super run this morning.

What : 30km (18 miles) 2hrs 15mins

Why: : Last 2 weeks have managed 15 miles on a sunday, the last 3 sundays in december we want to achieve 18 miles.

Last Hard : Got to be today

Last Rest : Thursday

A very happy runner
  • Options
    Middle distance day today, bit wet and cold !

What :- steady 14 miles @ 7.5 to 8 min/mile pace
    Why :- 'tis Sunday
    Last hard :- Wednesday
    Last rest :- Thursday
  • Options
    talk of 14, 17 and 18 miles is a bit scary!!!

what : race. Coalite 10km in Bolsover
    why : i was asking myself that at the start line in the freezing rain.
    last hard : i think today counts
    last rest : Friday

Despite the conditions somehow managed a pb of 49m19s, so am happy with the world. Foot injury seems ok as well.
  • Options
    Well done on the Pb Paul, and take care of that foot........ive been there!

Speedie
  • Options
    What: XC Race at Bearwood College, Wokingham (nr. Reading)
    Why: Represent the club & all that jazz.
    Last Hard: Today
    Last Rest: Monday
    Next Rest: Tommorow!

Race Report:
    24th/over 300, didnt score for the team today as we put out a really strong team and trounced the rest of the field, to 7 runners in by 15, so it was avery good team performance. This was also compounded by a hard training week and my left shin muscle, whatever it is, packing up @ the start of the 2nd lap. Such a shame, as Ia had a storming start and was out with the lead boys, where I should be on good day. I'm just hoping that its OK really. Do a bit of injury research tonite I spose. Still, I still managed to acquire a scalp I've been hunting for quite a while and none of the runners who are targetting me managed to take advantage, so It cant all be bad. :)
  • Options
    What: 18M in the cold rain & wind. I would'nt mind all this but I was away from home putting the finishing touches to the "Sainsbury's Christmas Cracker" 5 Mile road race. I'm helping to organise this for Boxing Day. I had to drive back all wet & cold. The thing's I do for my club!
    Why: I like my long run's [usually]
    Last hard: Sat
    Last rest: Fri
  • Options
    What: Drove down to Norfolk to run in the Ryston Runners open cross country.
    Why: Something nice and challenging to do.
    Last hard: Today.
    Last rest: Friday.
    Next rest: Definately tommorow.

I finished somewhere towards the back of the field, but I did win a calendar in the raffle.
  • Options
    What: 7.4 miles around tracks, fields and country roads at a steady pace.
    Why: Wanted to run away from usual roads for some fresh air.
    Last rest: Friday.
    Next rest: Tuesday.

I ran down a Splash Lane at one point - never has a lane been so well named.
  • Options
    Hi,
    What a quiet day today!

What: supposed to be long run but
    did 19 minutes & had stitch & calf was hurting.
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard: friday
    Next week: will have to do longer run!

Have a nice Sunday evening!
  • Options
    What's with this new development of short race reports in this section then?
    Well done those who did race anyway - esp those who pb'ed - hardly the best day for it was it?

What: 12.9 miles - home to Caldy CC; 5 laps of grounds and return. Time: 92:57
    Why: Long run day

last hard day: Tue (yesterday's race was too short to count - despite the average HR of 173!)
    last rest day: Fri
    last long day: Sun

What a difference getting a decent night's sleep makes. With my 4 year-old son performing in a nativity play (as a shepherd-cum-vivisectionist, if what he did to his toy lamb was anything to go by), the usual early rising for breakfast & 11.00 run plan was jettisoned & I got a nice lie in till 9.30 before going to see him perform at church at 11.00.
    Went out at 1.15 instead; found a decent top to wear which at least minimised the effect of the wind & rain. Despite the usual sapping effects of the hill climbs & the undulating grass & bark at Caldy, for the first time I actually had enough left to dig in & work over the last 2 miles. 13:34 for the last 2 doesn't sound exactly brilliant, but given that they were both upwind & it's just about the first time I've managed to break 7 minute mile pace at the end of these long runs, I regard it as a minor breakthrough.
    That was the goal for 2003 I forgot to include in that thread on the General forum - "to sleep more".
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

lain, hope the cold clears soon!

KK, well done on your race.

What: 5 mile recovery run
    Why: a very heavy weekend with parties then big family meal today. Hurry up January!
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Friday
  • Options
    what: 10ish miles
    why: URWFRC Christmas Cracker windsor great park - great laugh

last hard (today actually - the distance at that pace i'm not used to) - But feel good for it

Last rest: saturday

• Options
    Thanks hilly, just been to the gym for a weights & bike session, and I actually feel pretty OK, both overall and injury areas! Its a rest day tomorrow & an easy day after that, so lets just hope it was a minor flare up, eh?
  • Options
    Godzilla, you did good today considering you were insisting that you were going to be running at the back. Hope you don't suffer any ill effects.
  • Options
    what : 15 miles on wet and windy Brighton seafront at half-mara pace
    why : Its sunday and have done 15 milers for last few weeks at tickover pace of 9.20. Wanted to know I could run bit faster at my 'race pace'. Also see whther sub 4 in April is gonna be remotely possible. Finished in 2.14 so v.happy.