Options

Northumberland Coastal 14

2»

Comments

• Options
    OOK - Thanks for that link, just realised that I haven't entered the River Run yet. It's back in our Grand Prix this year, so you should have a big Blyth contingent. Are you marshalling again this year ?
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    Yes; stopping the bloody lemmings from throwing themselves under cars; or in this case the river.

The leisure centre is in bits at the minute so tell your lot to bring a very big potty or a portaloo
  • Options
    OOK
    thanks for link - revived many memories - is there still a stile to cross on the Newburn Bridge end of the path?

I peeked at last years results -was that THE M McCleod in 16th place in 40:02 - didn't seem possible he would be that slow as he was the best natural athlete I ever saw - but if it was it would make me happier with my current times!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    It was probably his son Mark ; his other son Ryan is a real racer (first bairn in the Blaydon)

The stile is still there and the bloody awful flight of the most uneven steps you could wish for onto the bridge, wonderful at six miles into a race!!

• Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    Posted back to the top

Anyone else entered ??
  • Options
    yup, I'm number 476, but with a couple of cracked ribs from last week's Durham Dales Challenge, my participation may be in some doubt.
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    Its fairly flat, just run it for fun?

But there are opportunities to fall over, or from, wet slippery rocks
  • Options
    I'm hoping too, but walking has been uncomfortable so far this week. I'm going to try a bit of a trot around tomorrow, so much for the doctor's view !
    And you are right about the rocks, I managed to fall off one the first time I did this event, but if the tide's out, which it seems to be, it should be OK
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    As tempting as the race seems, I won't want to clap out somewhere in the middle of nowhere
  • Options
    Good luck to everyone for Sunday. Looks like we are going to be in for another warm one.
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    I have done the last 20(or so) races and I can't remember anything else or is that just nostalgia?

I have bought a new pair of dri fit socks specially.

Did you do the Tynedale 10k on Wed ?

I bummed a lift home with a bunch of drunks going to Blyth
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    I have two complaints, it was

Too hot and too far

but that's no blame to Alnwick for organising yet another superb event Lots could have gone wrong especially buses and bags but didn't ; well done to everyone.

What about the change of date then?

It's always the third Sunday in July ...since forever!!

Sounds like the dreaded Health and Safety Man to me. The risk assessment kill joy. The tide would have been right in - so that's part of the fun. I recall 1997 when the water reached ample manly thighs, nobody drowned or did they?
  • Options
    PoacherPoacher ✭✭✭
    Carlsberg don't do finish lines, but if they did, they would locate them be in the middle of an enormous beach on a nice sunny day. Many thanks to all organisers, marshals etc, a very enjoyable race.
  • Options
    Hi OOK
    No didn't do Tynedale, not quite ready for 2 races a week yet after my London injury. Not surprised about the Blyth alco's though. We do like a drink or two after a race (just to be sociable of course).
    Was incredibly hot yesterday, but still enjoyed it - well afterwards anyway.
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    Anbody know how hot it was yesterday?

It almost put me off my beer afterwards

Anybody for the Coquet Challenge on Sunday?
  • Options
    Oook!Oook! ✭✭✭
    Have you seen the new RW

NCR is rated 45th race in UK (from a nil rating last year)

We're probably safe from foreign invaders, they have no concept of "North of Leeds"

• Options
    Anyone doing this any tips on how to survive course. How difficult a course is it? etc etc.