Options

Calling Steve - Nike Trials guy

Hoping to get Steve to look at this (or anyone else who knows).

I loved the Span Triax runners, and am tempted to try the Air Perseus. I can't help but notice that the new Air Perseus 2 has a different sole pattern to the Air Perseus. Is it essentially the same cushion and stability as before or has there been a radical change between the 2 versions?

Thanks!!

Oh, and can you get me a free pair?

Comments

• Options
    I don't really think there's a marked difference between the two. Are you referring to South African Steve?
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    Nike Van Man Steve's forum name is Sensible.

From RW Perseus 2 shoe review:

The Perseus 1 was RW’s 2004 Shoe of the Year, so we hoped Nike wouldn’t change too much on version two. It hasn’t. There’s a bigger medial post, which means the Perseus gains some extra stability, which should increase its appeal, and the outsole durability has been improved too. Nike has also worked on the upper, and the laces are now integrated into the saddle that sits around your midfoot. This makes the fit more snug than previously. The Perseus is essentially a more stable version of the Pegasus. These changes, though, don’t alter the feel of the Perseus a great deal, which is good news.
  • Options
    Ah yes, but the medial post on the Perseus isn't very hard anyway... It's virtually neutral
  • Options
    Cheers guys - thanks Nessie. Now if the van man can just arrange me an extended 400 mile trial...
  • Options
    I,ve got a couple of pairs of Perseus II and find them great.
    Tried them from the van man at a 15k race last May with no probs straight from the box so bought a pair.
    Sweatshop are selling them on sale at £40
    at the mo. so bought a second pair.
  • Options
    Great shoe. Did not change much at all. If you like a light shoe also try the Zoom Elite. Similar support but lightweight and a fantastic feel to thm.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with the original question (!) but..

A Nike ManVan kindly visited Cardiff last summer (SAFA) and conveted me to the wonder that is the Air Zoom Elite - currently on my 3rd fine pair.

So thanks Steve/a colleague of Steve !!
  • Options
    Stormin---
    The Elite is quite a bit narrower in the heel though, which can cause problems with some foot strikes & feet shapes. Try before you buy people, as 'mileage may vary'.

Having tried the Perseus II at a race on Sunday, I can quite honestly say that it's functionally no different to the I. The upper is slightly more comfortable for my foot, and the medial posting feels a tough firmer, but thats it. If you get on with Mk I, you will be 99% likely to get on with the II. Simple as that...