Options

Comrades 2006 - Training

I promised to start this thread,so here goes. I will be attempting my first Comrades next year and the purpose of this thread is for all runners to exchange ideas,advice and training info.

Crazy people normally keep to themselves but I have a feeling I am going to need all the crazy people I can get on this thread.

Comments

• Options
    Will be joining you, but at the moment just come down with lurgy, so going to get rid of that first.

I'm doing Abingdon Mara in Oct as part of my training, you got anything lined up?
  • Options
    SportalooSportaloo ✭✭✭
    Hi Tired Legs,

I am from South Africa and over here "marathon season" starts in January and slowly builds up to Comrades. Dubai Dave has been helping me with advice and I have now decided to train for a race in October called the RAC Tough One. It is a 20 mile race,very hilly and challenging.Besides that my aim is to do do a half marathon every month until January.

I will be doing my first 20 mile long run on 10/07 and will then do one every two weeks. Dave advised me to keep my weekly milage below 50 for now,so I will be doing around 40 miles per week.

Glad you are joining the thread!
  • Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I shall be running again in 2006