Options

Registering

I would appreciate any help. This is my first Marathon and I know that you have to register on the Saturday. I would appreciate if anyone could give any info on this, such as times and other info, as I have college work and work to sort out and would need to know whether I could work that Saturday. Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Susanne, I ran this year. I registered on the saturday , it had to be before 5pm, but there was also the 2 or 3 days before that you could register on. with over 30 thousand runners it was quite a crowded arena. More info will be sent nearer the time but I would imagine it will still bbe the wed, thurs, fri, sat before the race. This should give you ample chance to arrange things
  • Options
    Yeah it is normally possible to register on wed thur and fri as well as saturday (not absolutely positive about the wednesday) You will get all the info you need in the pack sent out in march as to times etc
  • Options
    It is also possible (or at least was last year) to get someone to register for you - see the pack for how to do this.
  • Options
    You can register from the 9th to the 12th April and there's also a pretty large London Marathon exhibition on the same time with lots of people selling kit, giving health & nutrition advice, plus many charities on board with information about other marathons and races you might like to take part in.

On the weekdays you could register up until 8pm (from memory) Here's a site about the exhibition and registration based on old details but I think the following procedure will still apply in 2003. But look out for more info nearer the time.

Happy New Year

Free sponsorship webpages for the London Marathon.