Why: Part my schedule

Last Hard: Wednesday Night
    Last Rest: 15 Days ago
    Last Long: Sunday

Good luck all racers this weekend.

LL
  • Options
    Morning all,
    What a truly awful day yesterday! what with london and everything else going on! my wishes go to TREADMILL AND FF!

IEK 1500M Track race for me last night, very windy conditions and they put me the a-grade race, which left me a little outclassed! Loughborough runner present amongst other quick guys! Not feeling fantastic either at the time of the start. Went off very quickly and focused on keeping with the group as long as possible, made up one place and went through lap one in 68secs.
    Started to pay for this on 2nd lap and dropped off the group, kept working hard through 800m in 2:24, wind really bothering me now, reach bell in 3:21, secs and then just focus on the guy ahead, drawing him in down the back straight, 200m to go, I pump the arms get on me toes and open up my stride into a sprint,another guy comes past me, but I hold my form to cross the line in 4:36.5secs. a NEW PB YAY!!!!

Pretty pleased with that as this is a heavy weeks training!

What:
    am: 4.25m at 6:15mm, already done, achillis sore to begin with, but felt fine later on, target pace achieved.

pm: 5-mile at 6:15mm-6:30mm pace.

Why
    Aerobic endurance and conditioining

• Options
    Morning

Glad our London possee seem to be well
    as the others have said treadmill and ff, my thoughts are with you. Stay strong and keep running.

Last night I did the 3.8 miler motivation series 3 race as a gentle run and actually quite enjoyed it.

Tonight
    What: 4-5 miles with hills
    Why: Decided that it's Robin Hood Half for September and I'm going to get a pb.
    Last Rest: Wednesday
    Last Hard: 10 days (but tonight is going to be).
  • Options
    oh, and I knew the song!!!
  • Options
    Red Haired Girl:

I did that race back in 2003, its a good course lots of support along the route, some minor hills in it though, but a PB is possible.
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

RFJ, well run last night.

Micksta, is this proof that your "unconventional" training programmes is working? Well done on your PB.

It's been a bit of a low mileage week. Had planned to do 90+ miles but felt really tired on Tuesday and Wednesday and decided that I needed a rest, which I suppose is not surprising since I've had three consecutive weeks without a rest and last week was my highest mileage in nearly 2 years.

Thought I'd do a little time trial this morning to see what shape I'm in with the intention of maybe doing a 10k on Sunday.

Managed 7:19 for the 1.35 mile circuit, nearly 20 seconds faster than 2 months ago, and at the same heart rate. Quite pleased with that. I'll take it easy tomorrow and race on Sunday.

Got made redundant today - again. Feel quite elated, probably because I wasn't enjoying what I was doing. Does anyone else find change exciting?
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

Treadmill and FF - sorry to hear about your losses -thinking of you

What: 7¼miles
    Why: need to
    Last Hard: once upon a time ...
    Last Rest: I didn't run yesterday

• Options
    Mava - that's a good idea about the Garmin - thanks. I'll try it next time I'm out on my own, probably Sunday.
  • Options
    DREW:
    Thank you. I think for the shorter races my training method is beginning to pay off, not sure over the longer races yet, still needs a little more proving and convincing, but a PB means im certainly not getting any slower anyway! :)
  • Options
    WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all.
    treadmill and ff, thoughts are with you, take care.

what: run later with better half..
    why: couch potato mode took over last night
    last hard: sun
    last easy: last night

Take care everybody and if you race, hope it goes well,oh just remembered I am doing felsted 10k sunday!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Options
    Morning all,

Off to Tobago for a long weekend, so it will be extra hot running!

What: 6m tempo
    Why: Continued speed work
    Last Hard: Tuesday
    Last Rest: 14 days

Have a great weekend and run well.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    T/mill & FF, thoughts with you, pls take care.

Yesterday the Chase Corporate was cancelled, so went home and rather than run spent an extra hour with the family. Been working in London for too many of these now, Bishopsgate, Canary Wharf, London Bridge & Victoria, Baltic Exchange.....hearing sirens all day doesn't help, and knowing people in NYC on 9/11 brings it all back.

Still life must go on,
    What: easy gym session , 3m plus stretching
    Why: end of week wind down

May not post the next few days, off to Bath for my OU summer school, so to fit in with the student crowd, I'm taking just one pair of pants, no deodorant and a Levellers CD.....

Have a good weekend everyone
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

Heartfelt condolences to Treadmill and Fat Face for their losses, and I am thinking of all who lost loved ones in yesterday's atrocities.

Thanks to WP for conveying to the forum that I was OK. I didn't actually make it into work. We got stuck underground for about 2 hours, 3 stations north of Kings Cross. We were eventually evacuated via another tube brought up behind ours and managed to get an overground train home soon after, due to the generous driver who was supposed to be running an empty train back to Letchworth but decided to let us on. Not the best of days, of course, but you just have to get on with things. I was just glad that my husband and I were together so I knew he was safe.

Am in work today (although many people aren't) - we cannot let these animals beat us. I was hugely impressed with the calmness and common sense of Londoners yesterday, and the stellar efforts of the police, underground staff and emergency services in dealing with the crisis.

Went for a run yesterday afternoon. Needed to get out of the house and clear my head and just do something normal. The thought, "there but for the grace of God go I ..." was never far from my mind. I usually change tubes at King's Cross.

What: Rest.
    Why: Scheduled, and feel emotionally drained after yesterday. Just want to spend some time with hubby tonight.
    Last hard: Yesterday, in so many ways.
    Last rest: Monday.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends ...
  • Options
    Well raced RFJ.

Micksta - one step away from the Pantman 2006 roster? Nice to get a pb:-)
  • Options
    Treadmill and FF, thinking of you.

Pantman - hope your Mojo returns soon, but don't worry if it doesn't, it'll come trotting up of its own accord with its tail between its legs before too long. Maybe you need another challenge or the opposite, no challenge at all, just fun?

What: 'hard but short' bike ride this morning, testing out my new rear mech and 10speed cassette - ooh, not sure what to do with that many gears. Cycling over to Elvaston Castle later to watch Tara Kinder Memorial 10k, hopefully bump into a few forumites as well. Erewash Valley RC will be out in force, wish I was running tonight - even though it's too flat for me, I do enjoy this race.
    Why: Injured
    Last hard: hmm
    Last rest: Sunday

Have a peaceful day, all.

Dustin - don't forget the patchouli oil for that real 80s student smell
  • Options
    Afternoon all,

Thoughts and Sympathy to FF and TM.
    RJF; Good solid run. Glad the ankle held up.
    Micksta: well done on the 1500 PB. Not bad considering your track season is over!
    drew: Commisserations/Congratulations on the redundancy! I find change exciting, but I'm not brave enough to inflict it on myself!

What: 9m general aerobic
    Why: Marathon Training
    Last Hard: Wenesday
    Last Rest: 46 days

Have a good weekend.
  • Options
    Late posting in haste...

14.5M done am - hoping to get another 5M done tonight too.

Best wishes to all.
  • Options
    Nice reaction, Drew. I find change threatening, scary and unsettling.

Big shake up of education in Barnsley announced last week including shutting my school. Had sort of planned to stay here until about 2030...
  • Options
    Drew - that's a great attitude. I thrive on change, which is lucky really as I never have a settled life. I find the thought of *no* change stressful and disturbing.
  • Options
    PodroPodro ✭✭✭
    Now then
    Did lunchtime circuit session and I'm struggling to stay awake this afternoon. Then a phone call come through from the wife who promptly put Podro minor on to speak to me. Happy little bunny because next year (year 6) he will be Head Boy at school. Categorically denied that this also meant that the Head Girl would be his girlfriend.

Drew - I like change. I get bored with the same routine all the time and enjoy new challenges and fresh pastures. Unfortunately Mrs Podro is just the opposite so she has to keep me tightly reined in.

Looking forward to the Yorkshire social in York tonight. Have a good weekend and enjoy the warm weather.
  • Options
    Working until half 8, BR? I thought you teacher types had normally gone by 1600.... (ok, bad joke).

No run for me yesterday, was feeling knackered by the days events and the long walk (funny how 5 miles in kit is a very short run, but a very long walk when you're in a suit). Plus I've got a race tonight so even more reason to take it a little easy. So that's been two days in a row off, and only 3 miles tonight - not going to be a huge training week!

Cranfield 5k tonight, did 18:12 there last year at a time when I had a fairly fresh PB of 17:57 on a very flat course, so I reckon the hill in the middle of the course is worth about 15 - 20 seconds. On that basis, and extrapolating from my 10k result of a couple of weeks ago, I'm aiming for about 17:20 this time. We shall see....
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Minks: Good to know you were ok.

Drew: I thrive on change.

BR: Stay positive, only fools rush in.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hi all.

Well done on your pb, Micksta!

Drew, great attitude. I too like change, but my life often dictates too much routine that suits others rather than me. Would like to be brave enough to change sometimes!

Minks, glad both you and hubby are safe and good on you for not allowing the ba*tards who did it to dictate how you travel and live your life!

No run for me today. Decided I just wanted a day off to veg out for the evening!
  • Options
    Afternoon.

Condolences to Treadmill and Fat Face.

Been resting up all week. Discovered on tuesday that I fall over if I stand up on my right leg, so have been working to fix that little imbalance. Off to the gym, for the first time in three years, to start easing into some weight training.

Well done on the pb Micksta.

Hope you've got a plan B in place BR.

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Options
    Throughout history continuity and change have worked together to help us progress, yet try and remain stable at the same time. I think these days there is too much change for change's sake. I've seen it with umpteen reviews of the curriculum in my 12 years in the same job.

Change is not always progess.

Venom - would be nice if my career finished in 4 hours time:-)
  • Options
    'spose it all depends how you define 'change' - I see work-place reviews etc. as being part of the norm or work in the 1990s/2000s and not really change at all, or only change in the way that supermarkets might discontinue or raise the prices certain lines. However, if we only see change as being something on a massive scale, does this make us immune to insidious developments pressed upon us by others which actually have huge effects in the long term... like the erosion of our legal system ...? Discuss using one side of the paper only ...
  • Options
    Hi all

my sympathies to Treadmill and Fat Face and anyone affected by yesterday's tragedy. I have lots of friends working in the city but as far as I know all are okay

nice running RFJ and Micksta! Our 4*2.2 mile relay went really well. our team came third one second behind second and about 30 seconds behind belgrave. actually belgrave only went ahead on the last leg when they pulled out Phil Wicks who is a 22 year old 30 minute 10k runner! I led our team off and handed over in second place (time of 11.02)

not much for me today. 1500 race tomorrow!
  • Options
    my thoughts with treadmill and ff.

is that happening soon BR? or more of a long term plan for closure? hope you are sorted with knowing where you will be going next before too long.

what: cranfield 5k
    why: thought i'd see if i could run any worse than tuesday (sorry lizzy - not peraps quite the right mental attitude there!!!) :-)
    last hard: tuesday
    last rest: yesterday

• Options
    I like change - I've just cashed all mine in at the bank and it came to 425 quid.
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Lol Lizzy, that'll be just 200 words then:o)