Options

Left side Groin strain - why ?

At approx five miles into a easy long run of 10 miles, duration at 10 mins per mile pace the left groin starts to niggle ? Started approx 4 weeks ago.The niggle starts to become a pain, going up hill almost brings me to standstill, going downhill fine !!! Feels fine after 48 hrs rest and does not bother me on short runs.

Any ideas ? I did change my running shoes approx 4 weeks ago could this be it ? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Tricky one - think I'd try a physio or something like that. Presumably something to do with your running action, but as to precisely what I wouldn't like ot hazard a guess, not something I've had or heard about.
  • Options
    Jammy

I've got something very similar also on the left side. Begins as a very slight pain and increases. Started today after about 11 miles into a 12 mile run.

The last time I had it took 4 weeks to clear up. That time it would start exactly one mile into a run. I saw a physio who couldn't find anything wrong told me to rest for a couple of weeks and showed me a few excersizes to strengthen the groin.

Hopefully todays niggle will not take as long to go away or my FLM training is going to be a problem.

Good luck

Starkas