Options

7 Jan: Triple D - Determined Dynamic Divas

Hello all FFF lot!

EP, hurry up with that new pic!

JJ, like your new pic :) v nice!

Benz - read my email if you haven't already!! :)

everyone else: EAT CAKES*!! you know you want to be like jo brand!!

* - i meant 'carrots' really. er.. :o

Comments

• Options
    Morning - no one about?
  • Options
    must be the only insomniac around tonight

catch you all later
  • Options
    morning Will!

Psi, have read
    Debating reply or not

Im on a training day today, my last one as a registrar.
    I must not fall asleep in the lectures!!!!!
    Speedwork tonight
    Catch you later, but MUST a;lso do thesis
  • Options
    Morning all!

I'm definately going to loose some wieght today as I'm off to have a tooth out. OUCH!

Planning a lunchtime run as well so I'll check back later.
  • Options
    It's SNOWED!!!

It's a first for the kids so I hope it hangs around a bit.

Commiserations to you commuting lot trains don't like snow.
  • Options
    Morning all, off to defrost the car otherwise a delightful journey up the M1 with frozen washer jets.

Bag packed in case I can get out at luchtime or straight to gym after work, still feeling vey sleepy...
  • Options
    Problem with snow down here is that because we get it so infrequently I just don't have the kit for the Jumpets. We don't ski (yet) so have never really needed bad weather gear othr than water proofs.
    Ah well necessity is the mother of invention.
  • Options
    Psi

As requested I've brought in a pack of 6 Mr Kipling Bakewell Slices that need to be eaten today because their best before date is 3/1. 'Un'fortunately the meeting I bought them in for has been cancelled so I might have to do them myself, especially as Glenn is being virtuous & giving blood so no running today for me - 1000 calories in one blitz tee hee
  • Options
    [Nick mumbles reply with faceful of Derbyshire confectionery]
  • Options
    pix
    but if I share with you I'll have to share with all my friends and then there won't be enough and then you'll be disappointed and then you'll blame me and then I'll feel bad and then I won't feel like running ever again and then my self esteem will drop and then I won't do FLM 2004 and then all the kids that Hope for Children helps won't get the funds I hope to raise and their lives will be blighted for ever and their children's & their children's children

so you see I really have to scoff the lot to save the world!
  • Options
    Morning! - Blimey, don't remember the last time it snowed in Central London?? - it won't stick, just blowing about a bit and confusing the transport system (no change there). Sore after gym yesterday, but own fault for having 2 weeks off. Will run tonight but probably treadmill cos of ice.

Bakewell slices...mmm... my favourites. I though it was only us females that could justify downing virtually any foodstuffs on such a grand altruistic scale - Frankly I'm impressed Nick - I'll finish my banana.

Have a good day everyone
  • Options
    You don't have to give me one, Nick. Is there enough to go round now?

Sharing seems to bring rewards because when I went to make my coffee at work 10 minutes ago I found a big bag of misshapen Thorntons Continentals on top of the box of shortbread I put there yesterday. I haven't eaten any yet, but I have squirrelled away a couple of my favourites (an alpini and one of those oval things with a swirl on top and full of toffee-flavoured goo) for mid-morning. If mid-morning happens.

It's not snowing here, just cold and frosty. I so did not want to get out of bed this morning. Chances are I'd have been fine if a well-wrapped trek over the Malverns had been on the agenda rather than Kevin's school run then a day' work. Trying to work out how I can fit a walk in the hills into the weekend, between ferrying Kevin to and from Oxford, taking Angelmouse and Tinkerbell to several parties each, and acknowledging Ivor's complaint that we haven't taken him to a steam railway for nearly seven weeks. At this rate I'll be lucky to get a toddle round the block.

EP, hope your back pain is a transient thing!

JJ, don't worry, kidlings can't feel the cold when there are snowballs to be thrown and snowmen to be built.
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Morning chaps, still off the beer, had a couple of glasses of red wine last night and feel crap this morning.

No pain, no gain.!!!!
  • Options
    Morning, Barkles. Not sparkly any more? Does that mean you've gone back to school?

Why no beer? It's fluid, innit, and runners need large volumes of fluid.
  • Options
    EP, hope it gets better soon.

I used to love the snow. I remember making an igloo in the back garden and it being HUGE, I bet in truth it was tiny and didn't look anything like an igloo. It's amazing what imagination can do.

v-rap, sounds like you'll be lucky to get more than a walk from the car to the door.

I've done a runwalk 5 and a bik K this morning on the treadmill and some wieghts and stretching. My hamstrings are really tight after sundays icy walk but they feel better once I run. I really don't like treadmills but better than slipping over on ice I guess.
  • Options
    Just got my post. It includes a mock-up of RW covers and an offer of a three-month trial subscription and a free waterproof watch. Would anyone like it? I've already got a subscription with a year still to run. Oh, the joys of having two postal addresses! Wonder how they found me - must ask Fizgog if he got one too. He's certainly receiving running stuff from somewhere because he keeps putting little presents of race entry forms into my in-tray. Wonder if it's a sneaky way of saying that his wife wants a running partner? If so, it won't be me. She's a 4-hour marathoner. I'm, er, NOT.
  • Options
    V-rap there's a good steam railway centre at Quainton on the Oxford side of Aylesbury if that helps combine things (not sure of opening times etc in January they are bound to have a web site somewhere - proper name might be North Bucks Railway Centre or similar) even my girls have enjoyed visits there & they are more Barbie than Meccano kids.
  • Options
    Well done, Tulips.

OK, EP, I'm sorry. What I would say if I were playing doctors is that I hope your sore back will be among the vast majority of sore backs which hurt for about a week (often getting worse in the first few days) then settle down. It's certainly sensible not to run if running makes it hurt, although going for a walk (with a couple of paracetamol in your tum if it helps the pain) will do no harm and help keep you strong and flexible.
  • Options
    Thanks, Nick. Good idea! Might look into that possibility, since he's never been to that one. Didcot's quite near Oxford too, isn't it? A few years ago we went to Legoland (which was only just on the right side of awful), stayed overnight locally, and stopped off at Didcot on the way back. Having been unimpressed with Legoland, my kids extracted endless play value from jumping in and out of the disused tracks at Didcot and declared the chips in the cafe there the best in the world (they weren't, they were just bog-standard frozen steak-cut chips, but that's kids for you).
  • Options
    RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone,

We've got snow and it's that lovely soft fluffy stuff. Have been playing snowballs with the cats and rabbit . The rabbit loves it and does looney vertical take-offs when you throw it at him then runs in a circle for a while. Hubby couldn't play with us as he had to go into London to be a grown-up :-(

Lost 1 lb since NYD, thank goodness, so am back below 10st. Roll on 8st7!

Good luck to anyone weighing-in today.
  • Options
    You've all started work, haven't you. Suppose I'd better start seeing the snivelling masses too.
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Vrap. thought you'd encourage me in my beerless world. Trying to lose the belly.
  • Options
    Barkles, well done I too am off the beer but have now moved to pimms. It can be drunk in large quantities and doesn't seem to have and hangover effects.