Options

Calvia Majorca mara and half

Just booked my flights for this one with a couple of pals (aiming for the mara but things could change!). Did it last year and it was a really good weekend away. Any other takers?

Comments

• Options
    Not this year. I had a bad experience at Blackpool and after some discussion with my friend we have decided to do the majorca mara next year. My friend Denis as done it before so we will probably go through runningcrazy. Our orginal plan was to do Dublin but I am 50 next year (Denis will be 61) so a few days in majorca will be nice. By that time I hope my experiences of blackpool are harder to remember.
    Good luck in December. Hope your training is going OK.
  • Options
    Booked and paid, going for a long weekend so get to have a few beers afterwards!!
    I haven't done this one before does anybody know what the course is like?
  • Options
    Hi just signed for marathon with"Running crazy",haveing just done Amsterdam in 4.53 i hopeing for sub 4.30
  • Options
    Hi guys - looking at the Running Crazy list there are a lot of us going, lots doing the half, fewer doing the mara. Which are you doing Jonah? I did the half last year, probably the full this year depending how recovery from Dublin goes. My pals are all doing the half, so will probably try to get me into the pub when I'm only halfway round.

I think the marathon is basically two loops of the half - my memories of the course last year are that it was very pleasant, a few undulations but nothing scary, nice views of the cost at Santa Ponsa, bits of coutryside, a few boring housing estatey bits. Warned to be wary of slippy roads when wet (it did rain a bit when we were there!).

Not setting myself any targets for this one - got a pb (4.31) in Dublin and plan to run this one to enjoy it.
  • Options
    Morning, I am running the marathon. I want to try for just under 4 hours. Will see how it goes! Glad to hear that its not too hilly. Looking forward to a good weekend.
  • Options
    Boing!

How is training going Jonah? Just done my last 20 - legs are in shreds due to running on rock-hard frozen footpaths! Still, I think I've convinced myself I've receovered enough from Dublin to tackle the full mara in Calvia.

Any other takers for Calvia?
  • Options
    Good-luck to ALL OF YOU lucky enough to be running in Spain!

Just had a look at 'running crazy' are there any other sites like this one ?

TD