Options

how far will you go?....can you help me

2»

Comments

• Options
    I went to Runner's Need on recommendation after 10 years of failed attempts (with so-called experts like Sweatshop in Reading) to find a shoe I could run in. RN were brilliant, and the 'feel' of the whole experience was that they were trying to solve my problem rather than trying to sell shoes... if that makes sense?
    That's why I've returned a couple more times, but it would be nice to find a shop with a similar ethos closer to home!
  • Options
    Totally agree with you IG. If you experience indifference and general bad service - why would you go back if you can get a better service elsewhere
  • Options
    I travel 40 miles to Advance Performance in Peterboro' If it was 70 miles away i would still make the journey as there isn't anything comparable nearer (that I know of)
  • Options
    Travel over 200 miles to get mine from the New Balance factory in Cumbria!!!Always plan a visit to my parents whenever I need a new 2/3 pairs of shoes.

I find that the NB's are the only one's that consistantly fit my feet.Tried the mail order route a few years back, but let down by poor service so never tried it since.

Factory shoes usually seconds(not that I can tell) and sometimes 'proto-type' styles to try on.

And they're cheaper!
  • Options
    Jethro?

(that's a loaded question, BTW :o) Imagine it delivered in the sort of tone yer mum would use if you were 'up to something'...)
  • Options
    crash...get back on the radio the record finished three minutes ago......
  • Options
    Poorly feet, I wasn't impressed with Sweatshop in Chorley, didn't find the other one - took me long enough to find sweatshop. Staff were helpful but didn't seem that knowledgeable, footscan didn't work (and I don't think I'd trust it now anyway, since you have to run barefoot on it and I don't see how that can give an accurate impression of your footstrike in shoes) and they tried to get me to buy a different type of shoes from the ones I had been wearing with no problems, without checking my running style. Did get my trail shoes, but I'd go to other places before I went back there.
  • Options
    Jethro, I just kitted myself out at Track Shack in Orlando. It seemed a long way to go for a pair of daps (even if they were half of the UK price) so I added a holiday on to my trip.

Happy to help,

DB.

• Options
    DB
    traitor....i'm never gonna speak to you again.

Thanks all for your replies, it has been very useful. watch out in the coming months as to which side won the battle.
  • Options
    Track Shack is Killer DB! I've been there a couple of times in the past. I've even got one of their branded wicking caps. It's 'Da Bomb'!..
  • Options
    I had to get the cap, nearly bought a TS vest as well until Mrs DB pointed out that I'd spent quite enough already.