Options

ice!!

fed up with it, can not go out on the roads as far to slippery, had to do a very boring run on treadmill last night!!!

Comments

• Options
    Do you have a treadmill at home Donna? I was too scared to drive to the gym last night with ice on the road. I saw a car sliding sideways down a hill and kind of put me off driving!
  • Options
    NOT GOOD LAST NIGHT !!!

Did my speedwork at the gym last night too - too dangerous to run on the roads / pavement - my car was slipping around too !!!

Come on sun melt that ice !!!

8 mile run tonight and I don't fancy that at the gym !!!
  • Options
    I agree with you all. I couldn't even go to the gym as they had closed due to adverse weather conditions
  • Options
    must have been the only mad person out last night. Did a six and stayed on my feet all the way round.However it has snowed in the night so may put an end to the run tonight if it hangs around.
    Look on the bright side soon be spring.
  • Options
    FBS, you wern't the only one. I was out going up and down hills for an hour last night. Uphill was OK as I go so slowly that I can pick my footfalls and avoid compacted snow but downhill was a bit scary. I very nearly fell in front of a 4x4 once. Lesson learnt though and it's a 10K fast run on the treadmill tonight.
  • Options
    FBS and Roger, you weren't the only ones. I did 6 last night. I was steadier running on the snow and ice than I was walking home from the station in boots. I found it gorgeous, running through fresh snow that crunched satisfyingly underfoot. At one point I was running uphill on a road with trees along the side interspersed with lamp posts. It felt like I was running in Narnia.

Thinking back now, it must have been a rush of blood to the head.