Options

The Only Person in SE Kent in FLM?

I'm relatively new to this running milarkey. Having started running just over a year a go I have only started to take it a bit more seriously in the last couple of months. I'm really enjoying it now!

I'm now in the FLM (through a charity place) and would love to find some running partners in my area to meet up with for some long runs and maybe the occasional beer or two (or three)(or four...).

I live in New Romney (nearish to Ashford) and I can't claim to be very quick but I'm getting better every day and could do with someone who might challenge me a bit.

Any other tips and advice on training for the FLM would also be great!!!

Comments

• Options
    Moose,

Sorry you are just to far away for us meet up (Thanet).

A good way to make sure you keep running is to put yourself in for some races leading up to the event. No need to race them (in fact you shouldn't) but treat them as training runs and you then have some company.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    KP

I have entered myself for a few races in the lead up, the Thanet 20m being one of them strangely enough, but I'm worried that if I don't have a training partner I won't do enough running in between... Maybe I'm worrying over nothing!

Are you a member of a running club? I have considered that but I'm a little bit shy and I don't want to turn up on my own... Stupid I know. If I thought that it would be really benificial I might give it a go.
  • Options
    Hi Moose,

Sorry for the delay. I don't get the chance to get to a running club any more but I think it will be worth your while looking at your local clubs probably the best way of finding someone to run with.

Almost every runner I know is friendly and helpful, so don't be shy to join a club.

cheers
    good luck
    see you at the Thanet 20
  • Options
    My friend and I meet up on a Sunday morning for a 5kish run before the Archers! We were wondering how to go about starting up a little running club for chat and training - can anyone offer suggestions please?
  • Options
    Moose

Have you registered on training mates on www.badlytrainedmonkey.com . There are 85 people currently registered looking for training partners. Obviously they won't all be in your area but there may be someone looking.

There are now over 300 people registered on the site in total who all have access to the training mates area.

Good Luck
    Starkas