Options

What start??

I'm running the FLM 03 with a friend both of us on Gold Bond places for different charities. The question is how do we guarantee that we allocated the same start colour (Red, Blue or Green)??

Comments

• Options
    Gold Bond places all usually start from the Red start.

If you are in different start pens (set by predicted finish time) the faster one can choose to drop back to join the slower one, but not vice versa.
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Yeah mate, red it will be. With the rest of us.
  • Options
    Um, I have a Good For age place. Any one know where I will start?
  • Options
    I started at green last year as a Good For age place. I guess they are split between green and blue?
  • Options
    what is the differance between them ? ?
  • Options
    Red start is in GREENWICH PARK itself and can take the rear pens anything up to 20 mins to get to the actual start.
    Green start is out in the road where the Elite runners and most of the good for age start
    Blue start is on the heath towards Blackheath Village where most of the ballot entrants, club runners and the rest of the good for age runners are.

I have found that the green start is always off and into their run the quickest followed by the blue and then the red, though saying that I was over the red start line in less than 2 minutes 2 years ago!!!!
  • Options
    I've seen a web site where a 2003 runner quotes their race number. How does he know?

Someone else has told me that those accepted through the ballot have had pre-joining instructions (is Lucozade the 'official' drink?) with some info.

As a Gold Bond runner I have heard nothing, and know nothing, and as an obsessive control freak this is unnerving. Any idea when the 'official' information comes through?
  • Options
    Helen,

It may be that he has a Good for Age place or has been accepted through the ballot. I have a GFA place and the Acceptance Form has my running number on it. I've not had any joining instructions, just the acceptance slip and a magazine. It does say in the mag. that Golden Bond runners do not need an acceptance slip. Your best bet may be to contact your charity to find out what the score is.

Tim.
  • Options
    I got in on the ballot and my acceptance slip (so I have been told!! ) has my running number on it. The only other info I have is the acceptance mag which you should get when you get your gold bond acceptance gumf through ,then nothing till march when all the rest of the instructions arrive.
  • Options
    I've got a place through cRUNch, and haven't had any paperwork through apart from the entry form which is apparently only given to guaranteed entrants, and which I returned as requested, but heard nothing since. Has anyone else used this route?
  • Options
    Ran Golden Bond last year and had to send a form back to the charity which then forward details of their runners to FLM. If I remember rightly I then received a copy of the 'Accepted' FLM magazine but can't remember if it came via the charity or direct from FLM.

Don't think I had anything else till the registration pack came through in late March.

Don't worry, enjoy your training and good luck with the fundraising.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, if in doubt speak with your charity.
  • Options