Options

Adidas A3 (Utter 5h1t3!!!)

I have bought a pair (@ £100) a few months ago. Ran in them for 10k and felt pain on the top of my foot. It was exactly where the bottom plastic part of the lace-area was. Ran in old shoes for another 3 days without problem. Tried A3's again and same problem. This is not just because it is new shoes, since it does not make a blister, it actually makes a bruise! I have now had the shoes for 4 months and sdecided to try it again, and the same thing happened! Now I sit with £100 worth of shoes that I can't use and my old pair that desperately needs replacing! Can I call Adidas to complain. Will it be worth it? Does anyone else have the same problem!?

Comments

• Options
    GTR, I know my problem is not like yours but it does involve Adidas.
    I have a problem with Adidas Response Control (as mentioned in another thread) with the left insole sliding back and coming up behind my heal, so the shop changed the insole, same problem, so they changed them for a pair of Supernova Control shoes, ran in them this morning and the left insole ok, its now the right thats sliding back.
    I sent Adidas an e-mail 4 days ago heard nothing yet.
    The answer is, I will not buy Adidas shoes ever again, should have stuck with Nike.
  • Options
    I have a pair of addidas midrange tremlos
    (£50)that are narrow on the insole and any more than 2hrs running cause blisters they were a pig to break in and never realy felt comfortable.So i got a pair of supernova cushion that i can't run in the left shoe after 3 miles digs in to the toe nuckles doesnt cause blisters but also bruises enough so that it hurts to walk.i had a crap pair of fila that i used for every thing when i started running and never had any probs.
  • Options
    I've given up running in fancy shoes, I use very lightweight racing shoes for all my training and I haven't been injured since I switched over.

I think all these high-tech cushioned, stability and motion control shoes actually prevent you from running properly whereas minimal flat shoes allow your legs and feet to correct any mechanical problems.

Cynically, I think they're designed to injure you so you think that you've got the wrong type and then spend another £70 trying a different type, which is no better etc.
  • Options
    Tom, your way of thinking does make sense one way or another. I think I'll consider your proposal! Is it too late for me to get anything back for the £100 I paid, considering they are 4 months old, but has only been used 3 times due to obvious reasons!?