Options

Sunday 12th Training

2»

Comments

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your kind words as usual.

Sorry I didn't read all the thread last time on, but just did so.

Drew-take it easy, I'm sure you're just having a bad day, as already said it happens to us all.

All you long run runners-excellent runs, well done.

Mike-I think stubborness has a part to play, refusing to be beaten by negative thoughts. However, it doesn't make the race feel good at the time, but does give a certain satisfaction afterwards.

Stickless-I have a long term back problem, which occasionally flares up and one of the signs is numbness in my left leg when running. In the past I've had to stop and allow it to come back to normal, only to find it'll go numb again once I start running. It's to do with inflammation and pressure on a nerve/s. I haven't had a problem for a while, but the last couple of days I've had some pain from my back, normally a sign to take it easy!

Anyway to answer your question, yes my leg does still work ok when this happens, but it feels very strange and I do alter my gait slightly to accommodate it. By doing so it does eventually return to normal, maybe releases the nerve somehow. It feels a bit like if you've tied your shoe laces so tight it cuts of the circulation. I'm sure you feel much more than this.

I wish you well and hope you achieve your desired goals with no relapses!

Happy running:)

Time for a glass of wine now.

• Options
    What a top day for a run! Pasta last nite and a huge bowl of porridge this morning, and I was going like the clappers! Needed a few layers tho - wasn't it cold!

What - 7M at marathon pace
    Why - schedule said so
    Where - along the Thames Path from London Bridge, through Wapping, Isle of Dogs and Greenwich Park back home (Lewisham) - gorgeous by the river, along the dockside walkways and in the park!
    Last hard - pace run on Friday
    Last rest - yesterday
    Next - speedwork on Tuesday altho if it's a nice day tomorrow I'll probably head out for an easy few miles
  • Options
    Hilly, sound like that was a tough course, very well done!
    Lots of long run today, I wonder how many miles in total have been run today just from the Training section?
    Stickless, new year new programe, good for you!
    Wee piglet, you'll probably enjoy your run tomorrow even more...!
  • Options
    I WAS going to say, never, NEVER feel guilty
    But that is daft on a running thread isnt it
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    WP-don't feel guilty! There's always another day!
  • Options
    what: one hour steady
    why: running partners longest run yet. forest trails.

last hard: yesterdays cross country (reebok cross challenge belfast, at stormont estate.)
    last easy: well, todayi suppose.
  • Options
    Hey, have you all missed that Stranded In Turkey has just become a father for the first time!

Many many congratulations to you, best thing in life that can happen in my humble opinion (yes, even better than running a good race!).

Girl or boy?
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Gosh sorry Stranded in Turkey, many congratulations!!
  • Options
    What : 110 mins, 13+ mile LSD, FLM prep (should have been a 15 miler but the ITBS war wound began to play-up...)

When : 9.00 am (everyone else still sleeping..)

Why : 1. Get out of cooking Sunday lunch,
    2. Try out my new Kyanos (hence the ITBS playing up again today ? "Doh" !!)
    3. Marvel at the "natures of wonder" - fantastic this am in Sunny S.Wales

Where : Cardiff, (Taff Trail mini-tour, down to the Bay and back)

Last hard : 13K tempo, Thursday night

Last easy : yesterday - jogging along the sand at Merthry Mawr with one of the kids
  • Options
    Thanks for the congratulations. It is a baby boy named Lucas (yes after the footballer - sad I know but only decent thing coming out of Leeds this year!). Mum doing well also and already chewing at the bit to get running again.

Simon
  • Options
    Hi Simon,
    Many Congratulations!!!!!!
    Make sure to have a good rest before any running!