Options

CICLOSPORT RADAR DISTANCE SYSTEM

Has anyone out there tried the new Ciclosport Radar Distance System as highlighted in January's RW, page 65? Bit of a gadget girl but didn't think the Nike SDM was accurate enough and contemplating another venture into the technical world of speed and distance monitors.... Thanks, Amanda

Comments

• Options
    On one of the recent SDM threads (sorry, can't remember which one) somebody said they'd bought one of these, but had had a few problems calibrating it. If you do a search on Ciclosport from the front page you should be able to find it.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's bought this though - quite wedded to my Timex and not looking to buy another SDM, but always curious about new gadgets...
  • Options
    Thanks. There is one purchaser and a queue waiting for updates on its performance...

Can you give the same (update)for the Timex as have also been interested in buying one from the recommended US ebay seller....
  • Options
    BeetleBeetle ✭✭✭
    I`m the purchaser.

I found the instruction manual impossible to understand (see threads: 41-50 `speed distance monitors). This was probably because the product is German and the translator was also German.

However I telephoned the shop/internet site I bought it from (www.kit4fit.co.uk which is a sister site to www.heartratemonitor.co.uk). They were incredibly helpful & spent 15 minutes, on the telephone, talking me through the controls. In fact, it`s quite easy to operate & I`m just stupid.

I will be trying it out over the next week & will report back in due course.