Options

Sunday 13th November 2005

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Loki,
    Blinding run, fantastic result. Very well done.
  • Options
    Yes, I thought I recognised him MM.
  • Options
    That's a great pb, Loki! And two quid to park! And your car was still there when you got back? <insert predictable Liverpool joke here>:-)
  • Options
    Glad to hear SiT is on a comeback.

Oops, signed up for Rotterdam. Asked a few club mates and the feedback was positive throughout.
  • Options
    cheers gents. very proud of myself today. ;-)
  • Options
    BR - I've lived in Merseyside for 21 years and I've never had a car nicked.....

....I've had 5 broken into though!!
  • Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Well run Loki - great stuff.

WP, again I'm so sorry I missed you. Given how cold it was, I don't think any of us were jogging arround in our singlets at the start. What did you make of Beryl, the woman who started the race, you wouldn't want to mess with her would you. Hope the wind didn't get to you too much - but isn't it a boring loop. That's Lincolnshire for you.
  • Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    I had a friend who lived in Newcastle, who when he parked his car used to leave a note on the passenger seat saying "This car contains nothing worth stealing". One day he came back to the car, found the passenger window smashed and someone had scrawled on his note "just checking!"
  • Options
    Great run Loki.....well done..
  • Options
    MM, is Bernie Ford still running for you? He is one of our all time club legends (for fairly obvious reasons!)

Sodahead, my mum helped with the results for the SEAA road relays, and has done the results for our T&F matches for a few years. The trick is being as organised as possible before the day - if you're writing your own software test and debug it vigorously, and make sure you have a clear written set of rules etc (e.g. vets prizes) otherwise you're causing yourself more grief. The other thing is, if possible HIDE. There's nothing worse than being interupted from entering data by being seen as an equiries desk etc.

Good luck though, I'm sure you'll be fine!
  • Options
    congrats icram !!!!!!!

What : the magnificently muddy and wet "8m" Sodbury Slog.
    Why : special. Very special.. If you can, do this race one day. Great fun, lots of banter, forumites and clun members alike rightly rant about. Described by someone as Tough Guy without the posers.. The playing of the last post and 2 minute silence in brilliant cold sunshine just before the off also special for me today (my amazing cousin, buried not so far away just 2 months ago..)
    Last hard : yesterday ! Long gym session a.m. then a great day walking/scrambling and generally getting wet in and around the waterfalls of Ystredfelte (WP can spell !).
  • Options
    Sfh legs - sounds like you had a good experience.

Micksta - sounds like a good plan - I know exactly what you are saying.

SiT - great that you got to do the 33k - sorry it didn't work out so well for Mary.

Poppy - you are one tough cookie - always set yourself tough targets.

Loki - congrats on your 10 mile PB - you came home fast.

Tom - very funny:-)

Mike B - agree about the race rules re prizes - it makes it very difficult having to juggle all the results when Vets/U/20s finish high up in the open field. It's always a hard call 'cause it's not really air telling the vets/u/20s that if they want a crack at the best prizes they have to enter the open.
    And yes, another good point - get yourself tucked away from everyone so you can concentrate when doing results - it's also very satisfying Sodahead if it all goes well - you really get an appreciation of how much work goes into any event - good on you.
  • Options
    Popsider; you are showing your age!

200mins The 305 looks lightweight etc.Can runners use it?

Tom 36.38. Had a hamstring injury and out for 10 days. Back for 3 runs before the 10k, and thought what the hell! So pleased with that result.
  • Options
    I see its super sunday here again
    Loki-brill time-I can dream
    BTW I dont drink much-but had 500 mils today-uisual-thats my mara quota usually

Bryn-well done especially against the odds
    wel done o the mega pb RHG
    sit-great stuff
    hubby wants to go to belgium-well i will if i can fid a mara-any tips?
  • Options
    Treadmill
    If you look at the Garmin web site, it seems designed to clip on to a bike so I doubt if the ergonomics or size would work for runners - ie it wouldn't be comfy on your wrist. Would like to see one to check this out though.
  • Options
    nrg-bnrg-b ✭✭✭
    Some wonderful performances and training sessions today.

BabyICRAM: Welcome to your new life! Our world is not perfect for we are only human. At least it gives you a chance to improve it.

Wishing a speedy recovery to MummyICRAM. DaddyICRAM is gibbering with obvious delight so we know he's ok.

I did an easy 120mins early this morning. The weather was chilled yet bright and sunny. A perfect day.

Be thankful for what you have.

• Options
    nrg-b - your posts are beautiful.
  • Options
    Tom

Yes we warmed up with warm tracksuit on it was a tad cold but could tell it was going to warm up nicely but the wind and I did feel it sapped my strength a wee bit...you dont have hills to buffer it:-)
    yes I had thought she Beryl seems a tough lady:-)
    I did not find course boring it was pleasant to look at different to Wales with no sign of a hill:-)
    Just glad the course was not on the boring straight road we arrived along
    I got a PB as well so not bad at all as ran it at my 5k pace and looking at stats would have knocked over 2 mins of 10k time

We did think as the announcer said peeps have come a long way from .....Lincolnshire ......we did laugh:-)obviously Wales was just not far enough:-)
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression