Options

Advice

I joined this site just to see what it is all about as I was thinking of taking up runnin. The thing is I am 53 years old and overweight. The worst problem I have is I broke my ankle this time last year and have a plate and pins in it, does this mean running is definately not for me or can I give it a try, any advice would be helpful

Comments

• Options
    Evelyn, the best advice would be to go and see your doctor before you start any sort of running - they can properly assess you and tell you what to do.

Jonny
  • Options
    Best thing Evelyn speak to your GP for some advice , Then if he/she says you are fine start with gentle walking with a little jog building up ur time slowly. See how you feel. On this site there are tips which explain in more depth how to achieve the above(walking jogging etc)if you cant run due to pain caused by your plate walking is better than nothing .
  • Options
    spooky if just posted similar to general spooky do!!
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice, will try and have a word with my docitor a.s.a.p. I do walk to work and sometimes home as well so that is about an hour which is no problem so I shall hope that I can take things gentrly. Want to do a 10k run for charity in May so that is the reason I wanted to start. Although I can probably walk it instead of running if this is not possible.