Options

Lab-based maximal test

Hi, where would i get a proper lab based maximal exercise test done to find my true HRmax, and how much does it cost, if not available on NHS.

Jonny

Comments

• Options
    Dunno,
    you could try ringing these people:
    Lilleshall Sports Injury and Human Performance Centre
    Lilleshall National Sports Centre
    Newport
    Shropshire TF10 9AT
    Sports Injury Centre Tel: 01952 605828
    Human Performance Centre Tel: 01952 670185

I had test this week courtesy of Team Flora, and I'm sure I read somewhere the full fitness assessment cost something like £200 - but I can't find where I read it

thing is the true HR max was very close to 220-my age, and also very close to something they did at local gym a couple of years ago

still not quite sure what it means - in particular what happens if I approach/exceed HR max for any length of time (I think we're talking seconds here)

will attack Sean Fishpool thread when I have the energy
  • Options
    "in particular what happens if I approach/exceed HR max for any length of time" Al, u should not be able to exceed HRmax, if u can, then the value above it is technically tour new HRmax, but this is why I want it done properly, - to get a true max

Jonny
    (btw, i live in northern ireland, so unfortunately the above numbers ain't any good for me, but thanx)
  • Options
    There is I believe a good department of Sports Medicine at Musgrove Park Hospital, run by a Professor Cullen

Now they wouldn't of course necessarily do the exercise testing themselves - but they might well have the local knowledge to let you know who does
    secretarys no: 028 906 69501

(btw I'm not sure my statement is as daft as it sounds - I will have to look at that HR thread!)

• Options
    cheers, i will ring them and see. are you local big al?

Jonny