Options

HELP!!

I have entered for this yr's FLM - i have siatica (?) and i am seeing a physio. The longest run i have done to date is 8 miles and yes i am panicking. I would like to do a sub 4.30, but to be honest i just want to get round. Has anyone had this problem and if so would love to hear from you.

Comments

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Hi Lou, I've suffered sciatica in the past and know other runners' who have too. It shouldn't stop you from building up your runs to do the marathon, especially if you're having treatment to ease it.

The only advice I can give you is to make sure you're properly fitted up with shoes for your running style and to stretch often, which I'm sure you're physio has sorted!

Good luck in your training and happy running:)
  • Options
    Lou -- hope it all goes well at the physio. I would suggest not giving yourself a time to make for your first marathon, particularly if your longest run has only been 8 miles so far. Just try to get round.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help - i think i am going to just get round and not to try and break any world records! The back is getting better (slowly) i just find it very depressing -

thanks once again

Lou x