Options

running with glasses

does anyone else suffer,i wear glasses if i dont then im blind as a bat,can only make out blurred images.the thing is when it rains thats it i'm done for.i find it such a pain to keep wiping them and run at the same time.i've tried peak caps to keep the rain off but that only works for so long.does anyone else suffer,if the rain is so bad i just dont run its so frustrating.

Comments

• Options
    There is a spray you can use...it's usually used on car windscreens to repell water quickly. Don't laugh..it's true. Just make sure that your glasses don't have a protective coating otherwise they'll be stripped. Sorry...but i can't remember the name...clear screen or something like that...
    Personally i don't bother...when the roads are wet, they get covered in crap anyway...so i just put up with it!!
  • Options
    I have the same problem. It's a nuisance, but I just accept that every few minutes I'll have to give 'em a quick wipe. It doesn't stop me running, but I agree it's inconvenient. For races and some longer runs I sometimes wear contact lenses to reduce the general hassle factor.

Andy
  • Options
    I have the same problem
    And they steam up in the cold
    For years it stopped me running outside, now i put up with it
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys,i'll look for that spray.
    not sure about contact lenses (possible)
    like i said when its raining any tissue i carry and my tee shirt is too wet to dry em.
    thanks
  • Options
    Why aren't you sure about contacts?

Alternatively have laser eye surgery.
  • Options
    I was running in the hosing rain round Richmond park yesterday and I wear glasses. The best way I've found of coping with getting rain on my glasses is to wear a baseball cap. Decent running shops see lightweight caps that won't make you overheat and have just enough of a brim to keep most of the rain off the fact too.