Options

Why does it hurt?

Ran 16 miles this sunday with a mate at his 8 min mile pace. However, i normnally run at 6.20 - 6.30 min mile pace over 18 - 20 miles.

I found the run so tough, even harder than when i run in my above comfort zone. Why is this?

Is it due to the increased friction levels with my feet spending more time on the deck or just energy sapping due to more force required to push through.

Can anyone help me? and is it doing me any harm or good!?!

Comments

• Options
    Hi The Yeo
    I have found this with my running partner. I had a theory that it may be down to the different stride length. I have a fairly long bouncy type stride, wherease my partner takes small strides. She probably does two to my one. So i have found that as she tires and goes slower my stride shortens to match her pace, that is when i start to find it hard going.
    This may not be the problem in your case as i am no expert however it was just an observation.
    Regards
    Egyptian.
  • Options
    Egyptian Dave
    Cheers, every little bit of knowledge helps. I thinking that it may have something to do with the fact that im going up and down more in order to run besides him and not through when i run to my speed