Options

Good FLM Website

I popped into the Serpentine Running Club website this morning to look up something, and I was reminded just how good a running website this is, but particularly for FLM entrants. It has a lot of good info on the big day, what to pack, course map, articles, and lot lots more! (And no, I'm not a member...)

Well worth a visit.

Andy

Comments

• Options
    Let's try that link just one more time....

I popped into the Serpentine Running Club website this morning to look up something, and I was reminded just how good a running website this is, but particularly for FLM entrants. It has a lot of good info on the big day, what to pack, accommodation and lot lots more! (And no, I'm not a member...)

Click here for the London pages of the website

Well worth a visit.

Andy
  • Options
    I have been running regularly for several years although this April will be my first marathon. My current milage is about 40, which seems in keeping with most schedules. Here's the problem: will there be a time when my legs get used to the extra distance? This week is week 4 of serious training and I am always sore.
  • Options
    I find I gradually acclimatise, that's really the whoel aim of training it as I understand it, to push yourself a bit, get used to the increaseed level so it's natural, and then go up a bit more to something that's a bit uncomfortable again.

I find I have a point where I start to get injured, so would asvise listening to your body too.
  • Options
    Just had a quick look at the web site. Went to the "what to pack" section - the idea of a wide necked bottle for the start is a slightly strange notion. I wonder if this is regularly practised.
  • Options
    While I also find the wide-necked bottle slightly bizarre (and unpleasant - though I suppose practical in terms of avoiding loo queues) I wonder what the ladies are supposed to use. Or do we need to find a *very* wide-necked bottle (more like a flagon) too? Questions begged about where the bottle then gets deposited... Isn't it easier for the boys amongst you to find a tree?