Options

seen any good flicks lately?

Comments

• Options
    Waddling? I'm only 9st 9 at 5'8! :o

ST- it's disgusting, cruelty to insects :((
  • Options
    ...and I wasn't advertising, just stating a fact :)
  • Options
    "The only good bug is a dead bug"

sorry loon re waddling comment

remarkable given thon epic feast....

I just have to look at a chapati and my torso turns into a blancmange....

<<12 stone and 5'10" in high heels>>
  • Options
    Found this one too!:
    Sky Marshall Diennes: We must meet this threat with our courage, our valor, indeed with our very lives to ensure that human civilization, not insect, dominates this galaxy *now and always*!

Now don't be so sensitive, even thin people can waddle :)

Chapati? My stomach turns at the sight of them 'cos I don't like them!

My little sister is 5'10 without heels :)

• Options
    1) Goodfellas....compelling to watch

2) Shawshank redemption....uplifting

3) Oceans 11... just good interacting

4) Jaws...great tension

5) The Exorcist...1st of its kind.
  • Options
    God choices!
    I keep watching Goodfellas whenever it's on.
    I really like the original Oceans 11 with SammyDAvis Jr, etc.
    Jaws- I have the vid, etc, still keep watching it when it's repeated on TV even if it's another repeat!
    Exorcist- haven't been able to make myself watch that yet, have the book somewhere.

Other guilty pleasures:

1)Telefon: Charles Bronson, Lee Remick, Donald Pleasence.

2) The Mechanic : Charles Bronson; Jan-Michael Vincent.
  • Options
    actually watched Jaws earlier today Robbo......is it possible to walk in when it's on and not watch all of it? so beautifully shot....(of course it is....it's Speilberg!). his best film I think.

yes am a not very tall moo.....but am considered a giant in Scotland—everyone here is very wee.

not a mad chapati fan either.....but do enjoy a nice stuffed paratha.

"heaven.....i'm in heaven"

• Options
    moo - haven't said hi in a while - your new pic has a Janis Joplin thing going on (it's not her is it?).

Robbo - some good calls there - what s it about the Shawshank Redemption???
  • Options
    ? how strange- most Scots I've met have been over 6' (must be hybrids! ;)
  • Options
    stilts moo.....stilts..

:)
  • Options
    Hiya Apps! Yup, it was your turn anyway! :)Nope, it's me in 70's look-about 3-4 weeks ago. I used to row in an 8 like that on sunny days :) How's the writing course going?

Shawshank- good ending!
  • Options
    Too true, Dude- forgot to grope the legs ;)
  • Options
    moo - I've been pants with the course but I'm having some good writing ideas anyway. The best bit in Shawshank is when he hijacks the airwaves and plays that music...it just beats the ending for me.
  • Options
    ok film fans....

after reading svt's review and being forced to relive the horror of the machinist, what does everyone else think are the most pant-wetting moments of terror in film?

and

to balance that up and to stop everyone gettin gloomy, what are the most pant-wetting exciting moments (i.e. yoda gets busy with a lightsabre in attack of the clones)

• Options
    I'll save that one for tomorrow, Dude!
    Time to catch Zzzzzzzz's

'Nite then, all! :))
  • Options
    moo - I hope to catch up with you on the film thing tomorrow - just remind me that I want to talk about the importance of 'The Door' in horror films...
  • Options
    Apps- for ideas cheat, go into www.imdb.com and type the terms into the search function, would give you plenty ideas for examples. :)
    'Nite then!
  • Options
    Shawshank, about a guy who goes mto jail for a crime of passion, that he didnt commit, mand he ends up searching for himself in the corrupt and brutal prison, he is sent to. Brilliant acting, very moving and uplifting film.
  • Options
    Know it well! :)
    'Nite!
  • Options
    the wardens opening line...." Gentlemen, I believe in 2 things, discipline and the good lord, put your trust in the lord...your ass belongs to me, welcome to Shawshank" He was one mean guy.
  • Options
    Nite moomoo, sleep well.
  • Options
    Here's another one!

Red: [narrating] Two things never happened again after that. The Sisters never laid a finger on Andy again... and Boggs never walked again. They transferred him to a minimum security hospital upstate. To my knowledge, he lived out the rest of his days drinking his food through a straw.

Now I really have to go, my eyes are starting to hurt! :)
  • Options
    The film is full of classic lines, but the tag line sums up the film very well...

"get busy living, or get busy dying"
  • Options
    dude - not often I really think about what I put in my reviews, so it's nice to hear that some of what I said re The Machinist struck a chord. Have fun reliving it!

Of course, any review is just my opinion, which means that it's right (to me).

Guilty pleasures? As in "films you're not really meant to like, but you do"? Probably too many to mention, but:

Predator (must get DVD back from my brother)
    The new Star Wars films (yes, I know you're meant to despise them)
    Notting Hill and Love Actually (they're the wife's, honest, but I secretly don't mind watching them)
    Die Hard (any or all of them)

No new films over Easter, as we've only just sent The Machinist back (oops, sorry dude - did I mention it again?!), so lets see if I can survive on what's on telly.

Ooooh, look at that. Independence Day on Sky One tonight. Guilty pleasures...

Talking of which, we're off to Morrisons for a cooked breakfast in a few minutes. It's great being off work.
  • Options
    "Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!"

[Crowd cheers]

Brie-tastic!

as far as council telly goes, the movie choices are pretty bogus really.....Godzilla? give me a break Beeb.

<<twitches at memory of Machinist, and hopes nobody noticed>>

• Options
    "All you need is love. John Lennon. Smart man. Shot in the back. Very sad."
  • Options
    Guilty pleasures:

er.............

er..............

I only like really cool movies.

Dr Shivago [the original, I'm an old softy at heart]
    The Doors
    Goonies [haven't seen this in ages, must remedy soon]
    Lost Boys [camp as custard but a classic for so many reasons]
    Predator 2
  • Options
    Lost Boys! :))

How about -Crossroads!
  • Options
    DOH!

Guilty pleasures...........

Steven Seagull from Nico (Above the law) to Under Siege (& Erika Eleniak's posterior).

That's:

Nico (You guys think you're above the law, well you ain't above mine)

Hard To Kill (we're outgunned and undermanned. But you know sumpin'? We're gonna win. You know why? Superior attitude. Superior state of mind)

Marked For Death (Screwface give me a thousand deaths worse than you)

Out For Justice (Pr#ck? Look around you over here; is this the proper setting for profanity?)

Under Siege (What kind of babbling bulls#?t is this?)

Comeon, you know you love him.

• Options
    Croosroads with Karate Kid? Classic(ish) film.

I guess I could add stuff like Flashdance and TopGun (and most of Tom Smiles other movies as well)