Options

Fat Club - Friday 23rd

2»

Comments

• Options
    Or have i just been very very stupid?!?
  • Options
    Er...Redhead...(pause to try to muster some delicacy)...I think it means you're on the correct forum!

Good on you, Kazza. Go for it. The marathon you do in 8 months (since you say THE marathon, presumably you mean London?) won't be your best ever marathon unless you never do another, but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to start at the beginning and cross the finishing line. Don't let the skeleton frames of the elite marathoners put you off. I finished in a bit under 6 hours this year and there were plenty of fleshy souls crossing the line ahead of me. If you want a feel of what it will be like in London, watch the Great North Run coverage on telly - or be in Newcastle on the day. Absolute solid buzz!
  • Options
    Hi Kazza,
    45 mins is a long time out on the road if you're just starting. If you want to read about some realisic training, have a look at The Runners Handbook by Bob Glover. It really does put training into perspective and sets achievable goals to help you improve all the way. I followed this advice when I first decided to do the Marathon and the plans helped me from lugging the belly around the block to completing the Marathon this year.(The Forums were a big help too)
    Best of luck with the training!
    Now you have set yourself a target, plan a sensible route to reach it.
    Cheers!
    Kev H
    (A Becks a day keeps the Belly away....if only!!)
  • Options
    Thanks Vraptor and Kev for the advice and encouragement!

I think I might have pushed myself a bit too far yesterday, as my legs were quite stiff this morning - I'll go and buy the book this afternoon!

• Options
    Have a good BH weekend, everyone, I'll report on my 10K/weight loss exploits on Tuesday!
  • Options
    Well, I've been really bad today (and yesterday). I resorted to eating (light) chocolate mousse as well as crisps and garlic dip *sigh*. I suppose this is comfort food. Anyway, I'll be surprised if I've lost anything on Monday - I'll still be weighing in because I'm not doing much and the Mr is working anyway. I'll try to improve things over the weekend.
  • Options
    As a bit of a skinny bloke I wish that I could put on weight. I get really fed up when people say that 'it's all right for you' etc but as size 32 trousers are too big for me (I'm about 5-11 and weigh spot on 70kg)you'll see what I mean. Any tips for putting it on (in the right place) - and keeping it on?

SY3
  • Options
    Hi SY3

Try an athlete's diet but increasing the portion sizes (especially of starchy foods), and a resistance training programme. That's the most reliable way (apart from anabolic steroids) to put on a bit of bulk while avoiding the dreaded G.U.T.
  • Options
    What are you trying to do to me? More bl**dy wholewheat pasta (tastes like cardboard) AND cod liver oil!!!

SY3
  • Options
    SY3,
    If you dont fancy pasta, I find that a couple of bhagi, a curry and a few bottles of Becks will do the trick. You will put the weight on and beleive me it wont come off!
    Cheers!
    Kev H.