Options

reps in km's

Hi all - doing my first flm.I have been running for about 18 months and did a "half" last October. My training in those months even leading up to the "half" was various runs of different distances at roundabout the same pace. I have looked at various "schedules" and feel I need to include some "reps". Can anybody out there suggest any reps involving "km's" which I find easier to "measure" rather than the 800m x 3 with 30 second gaps etc....thanxs

Comments

• Options
    You've not said what sort of time you are targeting, but a good session is 5 X 1,000m at your 5k race pace. A recovery of about 1'45" between each effort is about right (or perhaps a little more). If you can't manage 5, build up to this, and if you're really keen you can do more!
  • Options
    Cratchers - try the Yasso 800's that everybody seems to be getting into -me included. Take a look at http://www.runnersworld.com/home/0,1300,1-51-54-624,00.html
    and download the info. Quite illuminating especially when you check your own numbers. Find it best to do the speedwork on a treadmill as you can dial in the speed you want, and get more accurate timing.

Nice to see another metric person on the site - get fed up of all those using miles. We live in the 21st century now.