Options

What does jogging pace mean?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hi,I'm running the FLM for the first time owing to a charity place and I am unbelieveably nervous. Sally, you are not alone! I did my last long run to 18 miles in 3hours 25 and felt like I couldn't run another yard. It's difficult to know which pace group to go with as when I slow to a walking pace I find it near impossible to run again. Good Luck to you and everyone!
  • Options

Would there by any chance of a 8.30 min/mile pace group? I'm pretty sure I could do the 9 min mile group (marathon PB 3.53 in 2003) but don't think I'm going to be able to keep pace with the 8 min group - not after half way at least!

What say you RW?

• Options
    They only get a limited number of free places, so put them for the "milestone" times (3:00, 3:30, 4:00 etc)

If you're def determined to go for 3:45, why not join the thread of the same name and arrange to meet up on the day to mutually self-pace?

• Options
    Does anyone know if there's somewhere to find out what time you predicted for yourself? I can't remember at all whether I said 3.30 or 3.45... or do I just need to wait and see which pen they've allocated me to? (I never thought for a moment that I'd actually get in through the ballot, but now I've got a place I've committed publicly to trying to get 3.30!!)
  • Options

Hi all

I'll be a FLM first timer and charity (golden bond) runner this year. I know the start pens are ordered by predicted finish time, but does anyone know when we find out which pen we've been allocated to?

Thanks

• Options
    Hi running belle

Your pen number will be on the little sticker on your main race number. There are 9 in total I have been told, the further down you are (eg 9) the longer your predicted finish time.

Hope this helps, picked this up on Golden Bond Holders Day a few weekends back.

I'm a FLM first timer and bond holder too

Good luck with it all