Options

struggling

My name is ben i live jus outside cheltenham, the problem i am having is when i'm road running alone i find it hard to keep up a good pace, when on the tredmill i run quite well anyone got any advice? or know of a good running club near cheltenham? or do you live near and want a running partner?

Comments

• Options
    Hi Ben,
    Try this website for a club near you, it sounds like your best option.
    http://www.runtrackdir.com/ukclubs/
  • Options
    Cheltenhahm Harriers run fron the Prince of Wales Stadium, and there is alsoBourton Road Runners (I think0 -was at Uni there some years ago... Cheltenham seemed to cover all abilities and standards, - training tnights were Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
  • Options
    Hi Ben

I live in the Country side & train alone as there is no one who shares the same feelings about running.
    My only partner is my Heart Rate Monitor which is excellent for us loners.
  • Options
    Althoug a member of a Club, i also do a lot of my training alone - just me and my heart rate monitor. The old beeper keeps me running at the right speed!
  • Options
    ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    Have you got a few standard routes? If you don't want to go down the HRM route then just timing yourself over some well-known routes would at least give you some idea.

It's always worth keeping a simple running log anyway whether running with a club, a mate or alone. Also try measuring the routes on an OS map sometime to come up with a rough mile/min guide.

Mark
  • Options
    Another running club based in Cheltenham is "Almost Athletes". As its name suggests it is a club for a wide range of abilities. Very friendly - run in a series of groups to match different abilities(e.g. slow 5 mile, medium 5 mile, etc.) from a pub in Cheltenham every Wednesday night. At £5 for a year's membership, difficult to beat on value! But you don't have to join until you've come along for a few runs to see if it suits. Contact via 'almostathletes@hotmail.com'