Options

Thursday session 6 February

Noticed a bit of a drop off in those posting on the training forum - could it be that the cold weather is taking its toll? Absolutely wretched weather here in Frankfurt at the moment - seems like fresh snow every night but a minor thaw during the day leaves the roads and pavements icy.

Last night was a cross training session. Seem to be finding this easier and managed to crank through 19km in 30 minutes on the stationery bike plus 10 minutes rowing, sit-ups then a game of table tennis with MrsH for good measure.

What: Run 40 minutes or so.
Why: Still on maintenance mileage.
Last hard: N/A
Last rest: All last week.

Comments

• Options
    the dino will decide
  • Options
    mornin' all.

what : nothing
    why : knee (again)
    last hard : last night
    last rest : tuesday

after not having run for a week i was really looking forward to the run yesterday. My knee had settled down great and i had no pain at all. One club night 3 mile time trial later and it's back to square one. Very painful and stiff. This is begining to get me down. I seem to be running 1 day then 1 week off at the minute. Not looking good for FLM at at all.
  • Options
    Morning

what:Speed work 1 1/2 warm up , 8x400m laps , 1 1/2mile warm down
    why: feel the need for speed!!
    last rest:sat

Good easy run yesterday along canal paths should hopefully make the legs up to tonights session (don't know about the rest of me)
  • Options
    Morning all.

What: 4½ miles hard. Good run, just outside PB.
    Why: Scheduled.
    Last Hard: Today counts.
    Last Rest: Saturday
  • Options
    Morning.

What: 7 miles to work @ near 10K pace and 7 miles home tonight easy.
    Why: Up the weekly mileage for FLM training.
    Last Hard: Tuesday
    Last Rest: Wednesday
  • Options
    Morning All

First time here this week, had the flu over the weekend and the beginning part of the week, so my first session this week will be tonight!

What: 3 - 4 miles easy, see how it goes!!
    Why: Recovery

• Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Morning campers,

What: Nothing - rest day.
    Why: 'Cos that's the way I plan my week!
    Last hard: 4.1 miles tempo last night - hard but good, although plagued by stitches for some reason. I'm sure the bitter air has something to do with it - dunno why!
    Last rest: Tuesday.

Still bloomin' chilly here - quite a long cold spell this time.
  • Options
    hiya all

what : 5 mile easy
    why : schedule says so - 5 mies is end of rehab target, but knee ain't perfect yet so..
    last hard : jan 26
    last rest : Monday

feel a bit groggy today with upcoming headcold methinks - perhaps running at -2degc last night wasn't that wise Knee needs more stretches so above program could tunr into a REST.
  • Options
    Morning,

What: Nothing,
    Why: Youngest son went to sleep at 23:00 eldest woke up at 5:30, became an aunty this morning again, and brother in law just got released out of hospital from his chemo (leukemia)
    Last hard: Yesterday 6 Yassoo's
    Next hard: Tomorrow 25k (fingers crossed)
  • Options
    Greetings.

What: My long run, a couple of days early. HM distance, or might stop after lap 2 of 3 if anything feels iffy or bits fall off.
    Why: 20K race Sunday week, want to do the distance one more time beforehand, and want to give myself plenty of time to recover in between.
    Hard: Tuesday club night.
    Rest: Yesterday.

Happy training/rehab/detox/rest, people.
  • Options
    Swimming lesson and then 6-7 mile run with trainer, might leave out club run tonight, think I could be knackered after todays run.
  • Options
    Good Morning one and all

What : Club night (first one for 2 weeks). Probably 7-8miles starting off slowish and finishing speedily
    Why : Its a thursday and my ankle feels ok

Last Hard : Tuesday
    Last Rest : Sunday
  • Options
    Morning all!

What: had thought about going to the gym but have decided instead to do absolutely nothing!
    Why: several reasons, I am v tired as the marathon training is starting to take its toll - but more importantly its my birthday and we are going out for lunch...it will prob degenerate from there!
    Last hard: Sun
    Last rest: Fri
  • Options
    afternoon, pop-pickers -

haven't been near the PC for days so I'm going to have to catch up on all the news - sorry to hear so many of you are still a bit under the weather. hope you're all back on form soon. oh and happy b/day, CK, have a great lunch!

what: 9M including 4.5M @ target 1/2M pace
    why: I'm heretically abandoning Horwill and going back to RW - a steady diet of Frank was more than my old bones could cope with. and I've got the Wokingham 1/2M of Sunday, not that I'm expecting great things in my present knackered condition
    last rest: Monday
    last hard day: Tuesday (3x2M @ 10K pace)

stys.
  • Options
    What: Track work 6x800ms
    Why: Schedule says so.
    Last hard: Tuesday long run 17 miler
    Last rest: Sunday

Feel crap (lethargic) but hanging in there!
  • Options
    Afternoon all!

Huge snow dump, temps of -8 and bonzer snowbording are a thing of the past. Today is +6, sunny and there is a river of melted snow running down my street.

The ski slopes are 'lokað í dag´ (shut today). Bloomin éck, I might have to do some work!

What - hill reps
    Why - ´suffering is god for the soul´as my god-fearing mother keeps telling me. She wasn´t thinking of hill reps though.

Last hard - Monday
    Last rest - sunday
  • Options
    Sorry, that should be 'good for the soul'.

I´m off for my run now.
  • Options
    Happy birthday, Kath!

And cheers to the rest of you too.

What: Horrible day today. I'm scheduled for a middle-sized run, but might call upon Hippo to teach me her technique for running long on the revolving belt.
    Why: Just for fun, of course. Isn't that why we're ALL here?
    Last rest day: Ages ago.
    Last hard day: Hmm. Quite a hard mixed CV and weights session last night.
  • Options
    Welcome back achilles.

A little training update from me.

Have finally decided that the pace of recovery for my knee injury is slowing / non-existent so I think there must be something either bio-mechanically or otherwise wrong and need to get it sorted. The slow progress is really beginning to get me down and I'm desperate to get back to full running fitness (or at least know what the problem is - who knows it could be arthritus). Anyway have decided to bit the (cost) bullett and have book myself an appointment at the Sportsmedizin Institute in Frankfurt. Not going to be cheap!

Anyway 20th Feb is the day of reckoning - double fingers crossed everyone!
  • Options
    Afternoon all
    Still cold but hopefully something a bit milder will arrive soon....

Good luck 2 weeks hence Martin

Nice to see you back Achilles

what: nothing
    why: pro tem, happy with current routine which involves 2 rest days per week: Mon and Thu

last hard day: 18 days ago
    last long day: Sun
    last rest day: Mon
  • Options
    good luck with the "day of reckoning", Martin. I must say I really admire your patience and perserverance over so many months - I can't imagine how frustrating it must be. let's hope the Frankfurters can sort you out quickly.
  • Options
    Evening all,

What: Pace session with 15 mins warm up then 10 lots of 1000 metres each in 4 mins with 75 seconds recovery in between and 10 mins warm down.

Why; Weekly quality speed session

Last rest: Week last Monday

Last Hard: Yesterday's midweek long run was quite tiring

Simon

Annemieke- sounds like an eventful day - hope the brother in law's treatment goes well.
  • Options
    Evening folks just about to go to my clubs monthly social race type drink thing
    what 3-4mile race
    why -the done thing
    last hard- tues mile reps
    last rest -fri

ENJOY!!
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Evening all.

What: 15 miles with 10 @ marathon pace and last 5 @ 10 mile pace.
    Why: tried to combine mid-week long with quality. Feeling a bit knackered now.
    Last hard: tonight
    Last rest: yesterday
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Kath

Well done with your sessions SiT and Hilly both sound quality (and knackering).

Been feeling knackered this week so passed up yesterdays scheduled easy run and took a rest instead.
    This left me feeling energetic for today.
    What : 18.7miles at slightly slower than target mara pace (aiming for 3h15 so 7m25/miling).Pleased to run it in 2:22:31.
    3 loops from home combined to make up the distance.
    Why : weekly long run (Daughters 5th b'day this weekend so no time for long runs with partys/relatives etc...)
    Last Rest : Yesterday
    Last Hard : today

Found a bike in a ditch on the way round , if its still there tomorrow I'm having it!

• Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Excellent run Dustin. You sound as if you're well on target for sub3.15!

Someone else will most probably not wait until tomorrow if they find the bike!

Happy Birthday Kath!