Morning

What: Rest
Why: Schedule says to

Last hard: Thursday hills
Last rest: Monday

Have a good one whatever it is.

Comments

• Options
    what: at least 10km, quite possibly more....as fast as possibly.
    the climbing and cycling at some other point in the day.

why: i have the ulster champs in under a week and have three/foiur days of system shocking until i have to rest and taper again.

why climbing, because i gotta!!!

have a good day people.
  • Options
    PB - the answer to your dilema is of course to have three sets of kit. One at home, one at work and one in the car then you will have no excuses.

Still eyewateringly cold in Germany, minus 6 this morning. Last nights run was in a relatively mild minus 2 but what a fantastic run - the moon was out and with the old snow laying on the ground it was really exceptionally bright as I headed out the door at about 8:00 pm. I also felt that as I ran faster then there were less problems for my poor knee - which could suggest I have mechanical problems or possibly that I should just run all my sessions flat out!

Today: Rest
    Why: Friday is designated rest day this year plus MrsH has candle-lit dinner planned.
    Last hard day: Last Sat
    Last Rest: Last Friday.

Good luck to all racers this weekend and don't forget to post time predictions, remeber.

1. Dream time
    2. Acceptable time
    3. Nightmare!
  • Options
    Morning all! I hope you all get the St Valentine's Day you deserve.

Today: Rest day. Had a little recovery walk this morning because I was awake early and it's colder in the house than it is outside.
    Why: Because the training effect takes place on rest days, and as a result of an uncheduled 5-miler on Wednesday I'm already in line for a 20%+ increase in mileage this week.
    Last rest day: Sunday.
    Last hard day: Wednasday. And a hard weekend is planned.
  • Options
    I got no Valentine's cards - is that what I deserve?

What: 2 miles steady
    Why: Re-jigging this week's schedule again. Personal commitments mean I can't do Sunday's planned 10k, so I'll do a long run tomorrow instead.
    Last rest: Tues
    Last Hard: Weds
  • Options
    Morning All!!

What: 8 Miles Hard
    Why: Schedule says so, and I have missed a couple of sessions this week due to unforseen circumstances

Last hard: Last Saturdays 18 Miler
    Last rest: Yesterday
    Last long: Last Saturdays 18 Miler

Not Racing this weekend, my next race is the Tunbridge Wells half a week on Sunday, I am really looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Morning,

Same to you Vrap.

Well I got 3 cards (spot the bored child off school) and a sticky heart shaped cookie made from a recipe by the Domestic Goddess herself and covered in copious amounts of very pink icing. (there are also 100 000 of hundreds and thousands all over the kitchen floor).

What: yesterday's, or is it last week's, 2.5 intervals.
    Why: about time.
    Last hard: Mon
    Last rest: yesterday.

Anyone racing this weekend? Good luck if you are.
  • Options
    not running at all toady. Done three sessions this week, only the long slow one to do on sunday now.

last night, 8.9 miles in 88 minutes which I was _REALLY_ happy about, so I guess that was my last hard altho I really enjoyed it too. Especially the down hill bits when i felt like a little kid who just pegging it hell-for-leather down a big slope :~) (oh sorry a bit too enthusiastic there!)

why - sechdule had me down for medium slow 8 miles in 90 minutes.

last rest monday (other than today)
  • Options
    Good Morning All,

What : longish run at lunch
    Why : Tomorrow's rest day
    Last Hard : Yesterday
    Last Rest : Saturday

Rest day tomorrow, yippee! HAve a good one all you racers!
  • Options
    Morning. Temperature just climbed above zero here.
    Otherwise, a v nice looking day.

1 Valentine card & some chocolate this morning.

what: nothing
    why: Throat bug continues. The overnight secretions may have been marginally less toxic-looking this morning - or it could have been just wishful thinking.

last session: Sun
    sessions missed: 2 (3 after tonight - which would probably have been a 5 mile tempo run)

Good luck to anyone racing this weekend.
  • Options
    Morning all, what a lovely day! Won't be taking advantage of it though - today is rest day! Might make it active rest & go for a swim later
    Last hard: Tues
    Last rest: Mon
    No Valentines card but hubby has planned candlelit dinner - can't wait!
  • Options
    Morning all, lovely sunny day in London but cold.

What: 4 miles with 3 miles @ 10k pace
    Why: preparing for Sundays 10 mile race
    Last hard: Wednesday's tempo run
    Last rest: Friday last week

• Options
    Hello, you lot.

What: Couple of days off.
    Why: Race on Sunday.
    Hard: Matter of opinion.
    Rest: Wednesday.

Tried 4.3 junk miles last night, but instead ended up pushing it (d'oh!). Good time, though!

Happy running. Oh and happy V-day (spit!). :-)
  • Options
    what a great day - if only it weren't so n@t-shrivellingly cold.

what: 9.5M recovery run in 1:05
    why: trying to get the mileage back up
    last rest: Saturday
    last hard day: yesterday

have a great V-day everyone.
  • Options
    G'day! Nice and sunny in Cheshire today!

1 valy card and a beautiful Tiffany bracelet!

What: 6 x 800's @ 16kpm
    Why: cos I couldn't run yesterday
    Last rest: yesterday
    Last hard day: Monday 12 miler
  • Options
    eel as a conga last few days

got to stop this resting malarky

maybe venture a toe ou tonight
  • Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Beautiful sunny day in London, but very cold.

1 Valentine's card and red roses reecived this morning!

What: 3.6 miles of hilly fartlek (running hard up the hills and recovering on the flatter sections. There are 4 pretty steep ascents on the route so should be a challenge!
    Why: Part of my plan to introduce a speed session as well as a tempo run into my weekly training.
    Last hard: Wednesday - hard tempo run.
    Last rest: Yesterday.

Good luck to all racing this weekend. Hope all your PB dreams come true!
  • Options
    Hi all,

What a wonderfull sunshiney day, it certainly gives you a lift......

What: 8 mile with 3 killer hills, did my fastest time for this route as the sunshine made me feel so good.....

Why: why not, I have started to run as I feel these days....

Last hard: Wednesday, 7 mile hills again, cant get away from them where I live....

Last rest: Yesterday....

Happy running everyone, Gaz.........

• Options
    Afternoon all

What: 5-a-side for 90 mins
    Why: It's on works time!!!

Last Hard:Last night

Looking forward to my long run on Sunday....mud,mud,mud - great stuff
  • Options
    Did you really get a Tiffany bracelet Wolfie?? Massive bag of brownie points to Mr Wolfie then (humph! I was feeling satisfied with Mr L's offer to take sick daughter and do weekly shop while I did my run, but now...)

What: 8 miles incl 3* 1.5 mile intervals @ 10k or some such pace, 3 min recoveries. 10.10, 10.20, 10.23. Oh hell, I don't know what pace it was supposed to be, felt hard anyway.
    Why: couldn't waste time trying to measure 2.5K instead, it's roughly the same isn't it?

Have a good weekend everyone.
  • Options
    DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comments on HR yesterday.I think I'll need to find my max through one of those 'torture' sessions.

No Valentines cards,as I tell the wife I don't need a designated day to buy her flowers, the usual days following spending too long in the pub, not coming straight home from work/race/footy are sufficent (and more regular than one a year).
    And I didn't get her any chocs as that would eat into her 'weight watchers' points.
    See I do care..............

What : Rest Day
    Why : Friday (and daughter #2 up all night sick and the carpets in our room,her room, bathroom and lounge stink and need urgent cleaning......)
    Last Hard : yesterday

have a good w/e
  • Options
    HillyHilly ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,

What:nothing
    Why: being good and resting my back even though it feels 100% better. I'll do 5 in the morning and then race at on Sunday.
    Last hard:Tues and Wed
    Last rest from running: yesterday and today!
  • Options
    Afternoon, what a beautiful day. I'm covered in mud after post-long run romp in the park with kids...
    What: 20 miles long run - not happy with my pace. A bit frustrating at times. First 10 9 min miling, second 10 8 min miling - need to get faster - it was flat as well
    went to physio after - no injury
    Why: Had to jiggle schedule due to small children needing mother at weekend!
    Last hard: today
    Last easy: yesterday ended up being a rest as 6 year old got down on his knees and begged me not to run last night!
    Val's cards: Four - a record! Two from a 25 year old, one from CC, and one from my 2-year-old - talking of which...
  • Options
    Afternoon folks! Congrats Snicks!
    what- 3miles to work 7 home
    why -steady day
    last hard-track sesh last night
    last rest- last sunday
    have a smoochy night y'all!
  • Options
    Laura did get Tiffany braclet, honest, but he did forget to get me anything last year so mucho creepo being done today me thinks!

But I'm not complaining, got the necklace already just waiting for the earings now!
  • Options
    Wolfy - you're obviously doing something right. Have a good night!
  • Options
    Hi People, think I'll keep posting on here even though most of my training isn't running. I'm hoping it'll spur me to do more running!

What : Absolutly Nothing!
    Why : Weekly and much needed day off from the previous weeks training
    Last hard : Wednesday (3 x 10 min on a rower)
    Last rest : Friday

Enjoy your valentines everyone! And good luck to anyone racing. I think I'll do a race some time next year! I like to plan ahead :)
  • Options
    Snicks well done today don't worry bout the speed, it all comes together in the end!!!!

The bracelet is gorgeous don't know what I'm doing right but I'm gonna keep it up!
  • Options
    Have a good night to Snicks and everyone else!

ps snicks who's this 25 year old valentines day card sender then eh?
  • Options
    Wolfy: if you're "gonna keep it up", my guess is that you are doing things right.