Options

10 mile races

2»

Comments

• Options
    Well clearly i have been put in my place regarding this issue(!) - and am grateful for all the suggestions.
    I shall just have to be far more investigative next time I'm searching.

Oh and there is a 10 miler in Epsom sometime in November which apparently I've entered!
  • Options
    Actually tequila I think youve got a point. Compared to the number of ten k's, which is a fashionable distance, there are few ten milers.
    Incidentally the Ryedale Run in september is a ten miler Id recommend.
    Im trying to do a mixture of distances end of this year and into next year, ten k's, ten milers and halfs.
    I wouldnt agree rock that it was because people are soft. Some people just prefer a ten k. Its still over six miles, something the majority of this country wouldnt even think of doing, never mind being able to. And if you lived in Yorkshire I can assure you there are v v few flat ten k's round here.
    Incidentally Im doing a v hilly ten miler near harrogate in a couple of weeks, Guy Fawkes 10.
  • Options
    Right! Statistics time:

In the RW Event system for 2005 there were listed:
    218 Half Maras
    154 Ten Milers
    623 10ks

I think this does confirm that 10milers are a bit under-represented, but maybe it's not that pronounced?
  • Options
    Maybe its too far away for any of you but there is a 10miler in Nov near llanelli (south wales) which I've just signed up for. Its multi-terrain, taking in park,beach and forest so should be erm....interesting !
  • Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Rock, how would you define a "soft runner". Presumably Mo Farrah (no 2 on the UK all time 5k list) doesn't run it, because it's a bit too far for him, isn't soft.

I run 10Ms and HMs but the marathon is just too hard and far for me - frankly I'm afraid of it. Does that make me soft or just realistic about my capabilities?
  • Options
    Dereham 10
    Wymondham 10
  • Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    Georgias Dad,

I posted Fenland 10 and NVH 10, are you based in East Anglia?

PS, which Wymondham 10 did you mean, the Midsommer one or the other (err can't remember when it is)

Also your nickname also puts me in mind of a folk rock band called "Cordelia's Dad", a Shakespearean reference I think.
  • Options
    Tom - Mo Farah ran (and won) the Cabbage Patch 10 last year. But as you say he is our fastest 5k runner at present and is sticking to shorter stuff at present.
  • Options
    Tom.Tom. ✭✭✭
    TMW, didn't realise that - Rock, please disregard my post, I got it wrong!!
  • Options
    Tom yes in Dereham, Norfolk

The other Wymondham race is a 10/20 mile race in January I think!
  • Options
    Swineshead 10 in Bedfordshire
    Double or quits at Shipley Park in Derbyshire (you can run 5 or 10 miles, hence double or quits).