hemorrhoids

hi,

i've got them for the first time, had them four days, had a couple of questions i was hoping someone could advise cos the bu$$er hurt like hell!

1. how long do they last for?

2. whats the best product to use on them. i bought preperation H yesterday but it doesnt seem to touch the pain or reduce the swelling... or am i being impatient?!

thanks!

Comments

• are you sure they are haemorrhoids
  • im assuming so... it seems the likelyest (?) thing. i went to NHS direct but the nurse didnt actually look at it. are there other things it could be?
  • might be a thrombosed external pile
    if its that painful
  • A perianal haematoma is an acutely painful condition that often has an onset after straining at stool. The haematoma is caused by rupture of a blood vessel beneath the anal skin. On examination, there is a blue-black bulge in the skin near the margin of the anus. Sometimes this condition is described as a 'thrombosed external pile' but it is not related at all to haemorrhoids.

Generally the perianal haematoma resolves over a few days and the patient requires only oral analgesia. If the pain becomes intolerable then it is possible to excise and drain the haematoma under anaesthesia.
  • eek! Maybe id best drop by the GP and ask him to have a quick look just in case. Thanks for the advice hippo!
  • [gently pushes toast and Marmite to one side...]
  • Ouch
    it should get better on its own
  • you reckon? thats ok then... ill give it a few more days before i panic! My dad went to hospital with an absess there a few years back so maybe im feeling a bit paranoid from that.

sorry to put you off the brekkie jj! i'll stop talking about my backside now...
  • take some painkillers by mouth
  • yeah, been doing that. helps much more than the prep H. thanks for the advice hippo, much appreciated!
  • > @"ouch!" said:
    > hi,
    >
    > i've got them for the first time, had them four days, had a couple of questions i was hoping someone could advise cos the bu$$er hurt like hell!
    >
    > 1. how long do they last for?
    >
    > 2. whats the best product to use on them. i bought preparation H yesterday but it doesnt seem to touch the pain or reduce the swelling... or am i being impatient?!
    >
    > thanks!

I think the best way is to use Neo Healr
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    If it hasn't healed in 13 years, I think it needs something a little more than an ointment......