Options

Thursday session

Last night cross training - 20 minutes bike, 20 minutes rowing, decided not to risk a run and hang on to my four run a week regime until confident my knee in on the mend.

Today: (Hopefully) Marathon pace effort as last Thursday but adding an extra loop of my 3.5 k circuit (to total 10.5 k) at marathon HR (70-75%)

Why: Key marathon build up session

Last rest day: Friday
Last hard day: Saturday

Comments

• Options
    MinksMinks ✭✭✭
    Morning! Plan for today:

What: 4-mile easy run.
    Why: Moving house tomorrow and feeling shattered as we've only had 4 days between exchange and completion!
    Last hard: Sunday long run (1 hour: my longest run to date).
    Last rest: Yesterday.

Managed to run Sunday and Tuesday despite having tons to do in preparation for tomorrow. The last few weeks have been SO stressful with our flat purchase being an uncertainty right up until the last. Running has really helped to keep me sane! Have had to cut down to three runs for this week though, as there's just too much to do - and I haven't done any speedwork or anything, just tried to get out for 30-40 minutes a couple of times.

Can't believe I'll be a homeowner as of tomorrow: now all we have to do is start saving again to put some furniture in the place!
  • Options
    Morning all

What : 60-90mins steady on bike with sprint efforts
    Why : Part of pre-race taper week

Last Rest Day: Monday
    Last Hard Day: Tuesday

Will
  • Options
    Coco-CatCoco-Cat ✭✭✭
    Morning.

What: 4 mile easy pace.
    Why: erstwhile running partner wants to come but she hasn't run for a few weeks.
    Last rest day: Monday
    Last hard day: Tuesday. Swam yesterday but felt really tired and uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Good luck with your move Minkin.

What: swim or bike ride.
    Why: I just don't understand why my recovery runs are so hard at the moment. Tues did good hard tempo run, but it wasn't that hard and I didn't feel very tired afterwards. Yesterday did 5 miles recovery and again, could hardly get my heart rate over 55% WHR. I had my daughter on her bike and I found it hard to keep the conversation going, how can that be so when at that HR I should be going 'conversation pace'?
  • Options
    What: recovery run. 5 gentle laps of grounds of Caldy CC (about 3.5 miles off road) envisaged
    Why: 5K race yesterday

Last hard day: Wed
    Last rest day: Mon
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    What: swimming with mini and Micro
    Why: club run yesterday evening
    Last Hard day April 14th!
    Last rest day - most of the last 3 months!!
  • Options
    NessieNessie ✭✭✭
    What: Attempt at 7 miles, but with opt outs at 2 and 4 miles.
    Why: To see if my body has recovered yet.

Went to the health club last night and had a sauna/jacuzzi. I tried to swim, but I had so little power in my left shoulder that I only managed 4 very slow lengths of breast stroke. As I don't normally do breast stroke, I felt like one of the middle aged lady swimmers who can get out the pool with dry hair and intact make-up. (You know the type!)

My shoulder was clicking every stroke - anyone know if this is just from the bruising, or an indication of worse damage?
  • Options
    Nessie

All you need then is the purple rinse ;o)

Will
  • Options
    GodzillaGodzilla ✭✭✭
    What (I should be doing): 10 miler xcountry and road loop
    why: half marathon build up (windsor)
    Last hard day: Monday
    Last rest day: yesterday did nowt

Why might it all go wrong - moving entire contents of living room and hall upstairs as getting floors done tomorrow. And then apparently going on the lash with couple of friends just back from Saudi after a year.
  • Options
    What: tempo run with club (not sure of the distance as I don't usually do this one but somewhere between 8 and 10 miles total)
    Why: lacking motivation to go to the track and run by myself (change is as good as a rest?)
    Last hard run: Tuesday
    Last rest day: Monday
  • Options
    What:
    AM - Swim 2200m
    PM - Run 8 miles, 6 at target marathon pace
    Why: Tempo run
    Days since last hard - ;o)
    Days since last rest - Friday

I really hate the last few weeks before a marathon (as well as the week after). I am finding it really difficult to motivate myself to run at the moment, and just want to get it out the way :o(

Gareth
  • Options
    What: 13 miles including 30 minutes tempo run at 1/2M pace
    Why: Thursday is tempo day
    Last hard day: Tuesday mile intervals
    Last rest day: Monday last week

Nessie - sorry to hear you're still in discomfort, get better soon. but don't mock, cos that's kinda the way I swim actually - minus the pearls and the purple rinse (usually)! pathethic really! I'm so impressed by you triathlete types, cos I could never do it. s.
  • Options
    What: strength and endurance circuit with trainer.

Why: good overall workout and variety leading up to race weekend.

Last hard day: Sunday

Last rest: Tuesday

Doing circuits always brings home to me my lack of co-ordination!

• Options
    What: nothing
    Why: I've got a cold and am very p!!!ed off.
    My head feels like its full of cotton wool, my nose won't stop running, and I'm feeling very sorry for myself.
  • Options
    BarklesBarkles ✭✭✭
    Had a wonderful swim with whole Barkles clan. Hour and a half of swimming and trying to coax micro to go for it. He's not far off now.
    Swam about 400m and then felt knackered.
  • Options
    What: 5 x 7min, 4min recovery. 10,000m session.
    Why: last long hard session before Portsmouth.
    The first 3 were with a clubmate & the last couple on my own. I really feel these 10,000m session's are begining to pay off as I felt quite strong.
    Plus I really enjoy doing them :)
    Last rest: Fri
    Last hard: Tues
  • Options
    drewdrew ✭✭✭
    Nessie, hope your shoulder gets better soon. Is there any pain with the clicks?
  • Options
    Only did 4 laps; got bored; also in the twilight was getting difficult to see where the trail was uneven. I hate recovery runs!
  • Options
    What: Swimming 2k of 4 strokes/drills
    Why: Thursday Masters swim
    Last hard: Tuesday
    Last rest: Yesterday